JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery is a family owned and operated winery, making estate grown and produced wines. The winery is located in the Paso Robles region of California's Central Coast. We operate with a desire is to make world class wines that reflect the unique soils and climate of the area. We take great pride in making Bordeaux-style blends and single varietals, combining Old World tradition with New World techniques.
JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery has Internship opportunities available for the 2019 growing season and harvest beginning June 2019 through December 2019. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner, self-motivated, hardworking, and a detail oriented person with a passion for agriculture and learning. This will be an opportunity to work directly with the Grower Relations Team along with many of the top growers in our award-winning wine region. You will learn all viticultural aspects of the quick-paced, day to day operations that come with tracking bloom dates to crop estimates. You also will assist in determining when to harvest the fruit from our Estate Vineyards and other vineyards we purchase fruit from in Paso Robles by scouting and sugar sampling.
Here's what you'll do:
* Seasonal vineyard operations such as extensive data collection include: petiole and leaf blade sampling, crop forecasting, vineyard monitoring and pest scouting
* Sugar sampling both berries and clusters for grape maturity and phenolics
* Assist in running lab analysis: brix, pH and TA
* Taste fruit to check for ripeness and quality
* As the season progresses, there will be a transition from vineyard operations to assisting with the winery's harvest needs (crushing, sorting table, pump-overs, cleaning, etc.)
* 50% of day spent in the vineyard, 50% of day spent working in the cellar
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Possessing a Degree (or currently enrolled) in a an Agriculture or Wine & Viticulture program is preferred; harvest and wine industry experience is recommended
* Possess a positive attitude; detail-oriented and comfortable working alone
* Ability to lift 50 pounds
* Ability to walk long distances and/or hills in a variety of hot and cold climates
* Flexible and willing to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends
* SUV/truck with 4WD is highly recommended; mileage will be reimbursed
* This is a full-time, ~40-50 hrs/week, hourly-paid internship position
Job duration: Flexible start date of Mid-May, June 1st through mid-November or until harvest is complete.
Here's what we bring to the table:
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties. Widely recognized for their iconic ISOSCELES Bordeaux blend, JUSTIN is also known for their Cabernet Sauvignon. The property at JUSTIN features a Tasting Room, luxury suite accommodations and a Restaurant -- making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In addition to its stellar hospitality offerings, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing JUSTIN as a leader in luxury Bordeaux variety winemaking. In 2015, JUSTIN was named "American Winery of the Year" by Wine Enthusiast Magazine. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, on-line store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about what makes JUSTIN so unique, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled