Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—16,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech’s Disaster Recovery Unit is looking for a Hazard Mitigation Consultant to support our Financial Recovery Practice with experience in of federal grant programs, specifically FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Grants (Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM), Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA), Repetitive Flood Claims (RFC), and Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL), including related statutes, regulations, policies and processes. Individuals in this position are expected to work independently with minimal supervision. Candidate needs to be able to make independent decisions regarding grant guidance; must be able to understand and interpret the federal grant eligibility and activities; and perform business related research to support client needs. Candidate should work with the team in the analysis, formulation, development and delivery of material and results.
• Works with Program Manager to ensure that the Disaster Recovery Program is effective in meeting the needs of the Applicant
• Ensures that the Disaster Recovery Program is operating in compliance with all laws, regulations, and policies
• Maintains knowledge of grant programs in order to interact with applicants, federal agency representatives, peers and project manager
• Establish and maintain relationships with applicants, federal agency representatives, peers and project manager
• Works on diverse tasks, analyzes data and exercises independent judgment when creating recommendations for grant related activities
• Provide technical assistance in regard to the NFIP regulations, manuscript property forms, layered programs and blanket policies.
• Assesses client situations; identifies and interprets federal regulations and uses knowledge and experience to determine method of project implementation
• Responsible for working closely with the client and staff to ensure that all mitigation opportunities are maximized
• Keeps Applicants informed and educated and works with Applicants to resolve problems
• Analyzes and resolves any unique project related events
• Design and ensure accurate project work records are maintained and accessible to meet applicant needs and auditory requirements
• Responds quickly to managers, supporting the implementation of projects and organizational efforts to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of high quality products
• Knowledge of and demonstrated field experience with hazard mitigation programs to interface with program personnel and demonstrate and understanding of BCA tool
• Demonstrated knowledge of BCA concepts and capabilities of the FEMA BCA tool
• Access and navigate FEMA-BCA tool
• Recall and apply basic benefit-cost analysis (BCA) concepts
• Estimate hazard mitigation project costs using the FEMA BCA tool
• Compute hazard mitigation project benefits using the FEMA BCA tool
• Identify, gather, and analyze BCA documentation required by FEMA
The ideal candidate will have:
• 1.5+ years of related work experience with working knowledge of federal grant programs, specifically FEMA Hazard Mitigation Assistance (HMA) Grants (Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Pre-Disaster Mitigation (PDM), Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA), Repetitive Flood Claims (RFC), and Severe Repetitive Loss (SRL)), including related statutes, regulations, policies and processes.
• Four years additional industry experience may be substituted in lieu of degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CFM desired but not preferred
• Knowledge and demonstrated experience with FEMA eligibility, laws, Federal regulations and policies governing HMA programs
• Knowledge of and demonstrated field experience with disaster assistance to interface with program personnel
• Field experience at the state and/or local level
• Previous experience in consultative organizations and in project management
• The ability to work both in a team environment and work independently
• Effective written and oral communications skills
• Strong Organization Skills
• Comfortable interacting with clients
• Must be available for short-term travel to support on-site client needs and extended deployment (e.g., 90+ days) to address client response and long-term recovery needs following emergencies and major disasters
• This position supports Tetra Tech clients in the response and recovery phase of a disaster. Though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites, all positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies