Job Title: HBC/GM Department Manager
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Store Director/HBC/GM Director
Responsible for all aspects of operating the HBC/GM department to achieve or exceed sales, gross profit and labor goals. This includes but not limited to ordering, processing invoices, stocking (ad and every day in stock), facing and maintaining of inline aisles and secondary displays, inventory and back stock controls, creating work schedules, managing store level pricing and item setup as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning workload
- Executing display standards for inline, end caps, clip strips and seasonal programs
- Interrelate with all management teams, Buying, Accounting and Personnel offices
- Assist in maintaining inventory control
- Ensure that all loss prevention policies and procedures are in effect at all times
- Properly manage inventory to achieve acceptable unlocated/shrink figures
- Support and execute superior customer service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ensure all quality standards are being met, including quantity expectations at 100% by 10 am and 5 pm
- Responsible for the department’s timekeeping accuracy. Communicate to HR regarding any missing time, transferred hours, and schedule issues
- Regular, timely attendance in compliance with the work schedule, and adequate notice to find a replacement for occasional absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the retail food business, of non-perishable department operations, merchandising skills, as well as be able to make timely and effective decisions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all associates.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies.
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: wave, hand jack, baler, forklift, cutter, lifting techniques, scanning technique, hand truck, trash compactor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The associate must possess the ability to stand in place for long periods of time; walk in the store; bend, stoop and kneel regularly. Requires fine finger and broad manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination in order to operate equipment.
- This position requires the associate have the ability to have full range of upper body motion in order to occasionally lift stock. Requires the ability to perform repetitive tasks for prolonged periods of time.
- Must possess functional sensory abilities in order to visually monitor the store, create attractive displays, and to operate equipment.
- Working conditions consist primarily of a temperature-controlled environment.
The HBC/GM Department Manager is a full time salaried position. The work schedule will include mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Festival Foods serves guests in over 30 full-service, state-of-the-art supermarkets throughout Wisconsin. At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission! Every business decision we make is based on our "Boomerang Principle"--empowering our associates to make decisions and take actions that will "Bring the Customer Back."
At Festival Foods we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We are dedicated to building a top-notch team of skilled, experienced and service-oriented associates who represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. Festival Foods believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates, products, and our community strengthen our ability to serve our guests, as we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.