To provide technical, supportive, age specific and developmentally appropriate patient care functions working with the float pool as
assigned to various areas in Galveston, Clear Lake, League City and Angleton.
The Medical Assistant may function as a member of a Patient Centered Medical Home clinical team or may function in a role that includes routine administrative and clinical tasks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE\:
High school or equivalent. Two years experience.Certified or Registered Medical Assistant with a nationally recognized accreditation organization (AAMA, AMT, NCCT, NHA or other). CPR Certification required.
- Work environment is located in a comfortable indoor area.
- Conditions such as noise, odors, cramped work space and/or fumes could sometimes cause discomfort.
- Moderate to extreme physical effort may be required, such as walking, standing, performing CPR, and lifting materials, equipment, objects, and/or patients.
- Occasional lifting may be very heavy and awkward, over 50 lbs.
- Vision, hearing, talking, and sense of touch abilities must be adequate to enable one to quickly and accurately perform tasks such as reading small print, reading from monitoring equipment, defining details, sending and receiving clear and accurate oral communication.
- Alertness and careful attention to detail will be required to avoid injury.
May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, bloodborne pathogens, ionizing & non-ionizing radiation, hazardous medications and disoriented or combative patients or others.