Title: HCV Program Coordinator
Department: Primary Care
Reports To: Clinical Operations
Location: Bronx NY 10455, requires travel to multiple sites between boroughs
Position Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The HCV Coordinator will model a linkage and access to care program based off of the current model implemented for mono-infected patients at the Bronx CitiWide location. Working in conjunction with HCV staff at CitiWide, the HCV Coordinator will work to identify both newly diagnosed and currently infected patients that are not enrolled in a care program. The goal of the HCV Coordinator is to outreach to and engage patients diagnosed with Hepatitis C to enroll them into a treatment and support program, regardless of treatment readiness status. The HCV Coordinator will work directly with primary care physicians, HCV peers and counselors, Brightpoint Pharmacy staff, and the leadership team to develop an integrative model of care and comprehensive tracking and reporting of patient progress.
- Hire and train any incoming support staff
- Coordinate communication between PCPs, pharmacists, and other support staff
- Serve as designated point person for all things HCV related
- Communicate with HCV staff at other sites to improve and promote consistency and quality of care
Program Development and Management
- The HCV Coordinator will develop policies, procedure, forms and other tools to document patient referrals, services rendered, outreach activity, and connection to care. Documents will include but not be limited to logs, intake and assessment instruments, and service plans.
- Direct and execute program recruitment and enrollment in conjunction with PCPs and support staff.
- Meet new patients at primary care appointments to complete initial assessment and intake.
- Prepare all required materials for and complete submission of prior authorizations
- Provide continuous patient education re: healthy living, harm reduction, chronic disease management, medication management, medication adherence, and health care related issues.
- Meet with enrolled patients monthly for follow-up, care coordination, and continued support.
- Coordinate and implement patient support groups for pre-treatment, in-treatment, and post-treatment patients on a regular basis.
- Monitor patient treatment and adherence success
- Prepare bi-weekly reports for quality staff and leadership
- Maintain compliance with program policies and procedures
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with local community based organizations and other agencies that can provide socio-economic intervention for clients that would remove barriers to healthcare and health maintenance. Create a culture of �medical village� among partnering organizations, including hospitals, substance abuse providers, and others.
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of the job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions
Case Manager with at least 2 years of experience working with patients with HCV or other chronic diseases such as HIV. Candidate must have experience engaging patients into a treatment program with high success rates. Ability to provide patient education on HCV treatment, HIV as it relates to HCV treatment, ability to promote healthy lifestyle choices, and ability to manage and monitor program effectiveness. Candidate must have knowledge of NYC supportive services and must stay abreast of new programs, services, treatments, and policies related to HCV care and support. Candidate must be able to work collaboratively with and communicate effectively with all relevant staff and departments.