Premium cafe and coffee brand, Bluestone Lane, is on the lookout for energetic and experienced Head Baristasto join our Long Beach location (333 E. Ocean Blvd.) in our fast-growing Los Angeles, CA region!
At Bluestone Lane, our Head Baristas are responsible for upholding the standard of quality of the Bluestone Lane coffee and beverage program within their home store. They are a positive influence through training and education for other baristas in their home store, and strive for the highest of standards in drinks, local interactions, attitude and brand ambassadorship. A Head Barista is responsible for all aspects of the coffee menu in full in their assigned store as well as strong support for their relevant Manager. This would be a full time position and the ideal candidate will have full weekend availability!
Australian inspired, Bluestone Lane, is quickly expanding from the east to the west coast of America and beyond, makes a difference to our locals' daily ritual, every day. With akeen attention to detail, quality service and human connection, we are looking for likeminded individuals to join our team. We would like to hear from you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment, are a team player and strive to consistently provide excellent customer service!
Our team benefit from:
- World class coffee training programs
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Competitive industry rate plus tips
- Daytime hours only, allowing for a great work-life balance
- Generous company discounts
- Healthcare (for full-time staff)
- Fun team events
- Great working environment & company culture
The ideal candidate:
- Contributes positively to the team environment, works cohesively with others to deliver exceptional experiences to locals
- Has relentless focus on coffee beverage product and workflow systems of each barista within the team while providing a positive influence to all in upholding BSL standard of hospitality
- Trains, educates, acclimates, and upskills new baristas into store and BSL systems
- Assists with hiring process of Baristas for their home store
- Manages dialing in of coffees and calibration of grinders and brewing equipment through strong technical understanding of extraction and brew variables
- Familiar with coffee product rotation, ordering, and inventory management
- Follows Bluestone Lane recipes and presentation standards in a timely manner
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain positive interactions with locals, making them feel appreciated and valued throughout interactions
- Reliable and hardworking your teammates can always count on you!
- Perform well under pressure and maintain efficient, friendly service
- Has full time availability and is able to work weekends!
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years working as a Barista or Head Barista in Specialty coffee, or 4 years working in non-specialty coffee in a high volume fast paced environment.
- Strong technical barista knowledge and skills (extraction, texturing, pouring)
- Keen to train, mentor, and support teammates in their coffee education
- Minimum 2 years of relevant hospitality experience, previous management/leadership roles preferred
- Food safety certification
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high stress environment, fast paced work environment
- Ability to stand for extended periods and lift up to 40lbs
Visit us at www.bluestonelane.com to learn more about working with our incredible team. We look forward to speaking with you soon!
- Bluestone Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to celebrating diversity within our teams. We encourage inclusive environments for all, where we respect and empower individuals. -0