Apache Junction High School
Job Title: Head Coach - Boys' JV Baseball
Department: Apache Junction High School
Reports To: District or School Athletic Coordinator or Principal
FLSA Status: Nonexempt - At Will
Position Status: Seasonal Position - Duration of Sport (February 3 to May 18, 2018)
Prepared By: Human Resources Department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Coach student athletes in area of assigned responsibility
* Organize and supervise a total sports program
* Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, and community members
* Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality
* Promote safe practices to lessen participant injuries
* Establish a sense of comradery among our players through teambuilding, fundraising, service projects, etc.
* Attend any school district and/or AIA meetings as directed by supervising coach or Athletic Director
* Other job related duties as assigned
* Certificates verifying completion of the follosing NFHS online courses (AIA Rule 17.1):
"Fundamentals of Coaching" course, or approved equivalent
"Concussion in Sports - What You Need to Know" course
* Current Certification in CPR and First Aid
* Must hold a valid fingerprint clearance card and pass background clearance check
* Knowledge of essential skills, techniques, rules and safety concerns for the sport to be coached
* Skill in communicating with all stakeholders
* Knowledge necessary to adhere to rules set out by AIA (www.aiaonline.org) and Apache Junction Unified School District #43
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Arizona Teaching Certificate, Arizona Coaching Certificate, or team coach with certificated personnel.
* May be required to work outside normal working hours
* May be required to travel to perform work functions
* Must utilize online platforms required for specific sports like MaxPreps, HUDL, and others
The requirements listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, move about, sit, reach with hands and arms, handle, finger or feel, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to run, climb or balance.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Duties may require employee to be exposed to outside weather conditions including extreme heat or cold, wind, or rain. High humidity and/or dusty conditions may also be encountered.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
The Apache Junction Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including sexual preference/identity) or disability in its employment practices.