Sacred Heart University is seeking a Head Women's Wrestling Coach who possesses the coaching expertise and organizational skills needed to build an NCAA Division I Wrestling Program. The position of head women's wrestling coach includes overseeing all facets of the Division I women's wrestling program at Sacred Heart University and the principal duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of prospective student-athletes in accordance with clearly documented roster goals and in compliance with the standards and principles of the operating codes of the NCAA and Sacred Heart University.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of Athletics as well as the rules and regulations of the NCAA and applicable conference including the successful annual completion and passing of the NCAA recruiting test.
- Establish goals and objectives for a successful team consistent with the mission of the Department and the University.
- Manage the day-to-day fiscal activities of the women's wrestling program and all related operations within a balanced budget.
- Schedule and conduct regular practices in and out of season within the guidelines set forth by the NCAA and applicable conference.
- Develop appropriate strategies to motivate and encourage student-athletes to comply with the Code of Ethical Conduct (Bylaw 10.1-10.4).
- Follow the administrative procedures established by the University as published in the Athletics Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Enforce team travel standards for behavior and appropriate dress.
- Oversee training and care of student-athlete team members, including full cooperation of medical advice of the Department of Athletics Training staff.
- Select, supervise and provide guidance to assistant coaches while monitoring and ensuring their professional development.
- Conduct a performance evaluation for full-time and/or part-time assistant coach (es).
- Promote the educational values of intercollegiate athletics consistent with the educational values of the University as outlined in the University and Department of Athletics Mission Statements.
- Coordinate in collaboration with the Senior Athletic staff a competitive schedule, team travel, budget administration.
- Screen and select of an assistant coaching staff.
- Have a focused commitment to fund raising, public relations and the general administration of program in full compliance with the NCAA and University rules and regulations.
- Support and cooperate in the implementation of required marketing strategies as directed.
- Develop specific communications strategies to assure success of the program; i.e, professionally drafted recruiting letters, use of available collateral materials in support of recruiting efforts, presentations, campus visit itineraries, etc.
- Bachelors Degree required
- Successful collegiate level coaching experience preferred
- Ability to relate to student Athletes
Must be available to work nights and weekends as necessary.