Are you an entrepreneurial finance professional? Do you have a passion for driving strategy and working closely with leadership of a fast-paced, growing company?
As the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will be a key partner of a high-profile team, working side by side with the CFO. You will provide crucial business intelligence to support strategic decision making and influence decision that have a real impact on P&L. This position plays a critical role in achieving the company’s goals, and candidates should be able to work well with a diverse group, have a proven capacity to develop and maintain complex financial models, and show a strong independent streak.
This role is with a high-growth heavily funded Series D startup.
- Lead the financial forecasts, annual budgets, and long-range strategic planning processes partnering with all functional areas across the business to ensure alignment of business and financial goals
- Support strategic business decision making through financial modeling and analysis for business and product teams, including ad hoc modeling and analysis
- Closely monitor financial metrics and business drivers relevant to the business units including pipeline development, rep productivity, renewal rates, cost of new customer acquisition, and product profitability
- Generate, maintain and automate financial reporting, including weekly, monthly and quarterly packages for key internal
- Provide the management team with support for Board presentations, business development and fundraising opportunities
- Team with the CFO and Controller to define and implement best practices for financial management and reporting across the enterprise
- Serve as a direct liaison for special projects and high-level strategy initiatives
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- 7-10 years of professional experience, 3+ years within FP&A preferred
- Prior experience working in a growing startup environment, strongly preferred
- Proven ability to build & manage finance teams
- Experience developing financial models at a growth company and developing reporting packages, including rolling reforecasts
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with a high attention to detail
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling skills
- Ability to work autonomously, meet deadlines and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Exceptional communicator with ability to present concepts, recommendations and analyses to senior management in a clear, concise and actionable manner
- Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage numerous projects with competing timelines
- Exceptional work ethic, team mentality, positive attitude, highly driven, self-motivated, and excellent business partnering skills
- Maintain the highest standards of accuracy and precision; detail-oriented, highly organized and resourceful
- Inquisitive, eagerness to learn, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
Managing Director (General)