HEAD LEGAL ASSISTANT and LEGAL ASSISTANT
We offer paid continuing education credits for certifications, and paid memberships for professional organizations.
We are a reputable law firm based in the Jacksonville which has 10 offices in Northeast Florida that offers its employees’ health care (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, and 401K upon eligibility.
The Company: The Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. is a Plaintiff’s Personal Injury firm which has more than 30 heavily experienced attorneys who specialize in trucking accidents, automobile accidents, motorcycle accidents, and premises liability cases such as slip and falls, and we also have attorneys representing clients in criminal law and family law matters. The Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. The Law Offices of Ron Sholes, P.A. is dedicated to community outreach, helping those less fortunate, and giving back to those where we live and work. We are dedicated to our country’s Veterans and Veteran Affairs.
- The Firm’s moto is to ensure that excellent representation and customer service is delivered to every client …… if “You Hurt, We Fight!”
- We believe in aggressive representation, and no case is too small!
The Position: We’re looking for motivated Head Legal Assistants and Legal Assistants. The pay will be commensurate with experience, and opportunities for bonuses.
We have structured employee teams, which establish better understanding of decisions, more support for and participation in the care of our clients, increased contribution to problem-solving and decision making, and more ownership of our cases and the results sought. .
- 2-3 years’ experience with a Personal Injury firm, other law office experience will be considered
- Prior management experience of two or more individuals
- Type/Keyboard at least 50 wpm without errors
- Excellent organizational skills
- Trustworthy and high level work ethic
- Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Quick learner of law office management software
- Reliable transportation
- Bi-lingual a plus!
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times
Position Duties (partial list):
- Keeps cases organized by establishing and organizing files; monitoring calendars; meeting deadlines; documenting actions; inputting information into file database and case management software; confirming case status with attorney
- Helps develop cases by maintaining contact with people involved in the case; scheduling depositions; preparing and forwarding summonses and subpoenas; drafting complaints; preparing and filing discovery requests; preparing responses to opposing counsel; generating status reports
- Keeps clients informed by maintaining contact; communicating case progress
- Maintains case costs by verifying outstanding balances with attorney, clients, and providers
- Supports case preparation by preparing case summaries and materials for mediation conferences; preparing pleadings; monitoring and obtaining discovery responses; organizing materials for team case review
- Enhances trial proceedings by organizing evidence; preparing exhibits; scheduling witnesses; ensuring that witnesses are ready when needed; taking courtroom notes
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Why Should You Apply?
- So you may elevate your career to the next level!
- So you will be part of a winning team!
- So you may be part of giving back to the community!
- So Why Shouldn’t You Apply?