With a vision to create a world without limits for people with diabetes, LifeScan is a world leader in blood glucose monitoring - globally more than 20 million people depend on OneTouch brand products to help them manage their diabetes. For over 35 years, LifeScan has had an unwavering commitment to improving the quality of life for people with diabetes by developing products defined by simplicity, accuracy, and trust. The business has worldwide hubs in Malvern, USA (Pennsylvania), Inverness, UK, and Zug, Switzerland.
Lifescan is looking for Senior Manager Brand Marketing, Portfolio Innovation and Pipeline. Reporting to the Head of Marketing, Portfolio Innovation and Pipeline, the Brand Leader is responsible for the product, marketing and communications launch strategy for up-coming external innovation launches.
The incumbent will be an experienced marketer with strong knowledge across the spectrum of brand marketing activities. They will seek out strong insights and build strategies driving new product development, claims and overarching global communications plans and deliverables. They will collaborate effectively with their peers in the External Innovation team, with the Global Brand Team, Regional Marketing teams, and across relevant functions such as BD, R&D, Clinical & Medical, Regulatory and external partners to turn the strategy into launch activation. This position will be based in Malvern, PA. 25% Domestic & International travel required.
- Product Management & Strategy:
- Drive Product Strategy for external innovation pipeline, including developing competitive and differentiated value propositions for launch and post-launch lifecycle. Define key target unmet needs, opportunity size and sources of volume.
- Develop core product materials, including creative/templates for brand naming/trademark, packaging, labeling, claims, evidence generation plan and a standing backlog for desired lifecycle improvements
- Develop brand strategy and Integrated Marketing Communications strategy for the external innovations.
- Prioritize focus for external innovations to meet & beat EBITDA targets through careful identification of strongest opportunities.
- Identify and build out key competitive positioning and winning value propositions for external innovations.
- Communications Planning and Execution:
- Define target audience, messaging and key claims for the external innovation portfolio. Ensure fit and alignment with the rest of the OneTouch portfolio
- Collaborate with BD, Insights, Market Access, R&D, Clinical & Medical, Regulatory, Legal to achieve desired positioning claims and communication priorities.
- Ensure effective and timely development of sales and marketing strategies for external innovations.
- Develop core creative idea that will drive communications initiative across channels, executed through the global brand, media and channel teams and in the regions through global toolkits.
- Develop briefs for global collateral and marketing campaigns, leveraging global agency WPP to achieve winning launch communications ideas built from sound consumer insights that resonate with and inspire people with diabetes and their healthcare professionals. Ensure that Global Brand (lead Consumer, HCP, Channel and Payer teams) all have the necessary claims, creative idea, collateral and support to pull through in their individual channels
- Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Partnership and communication with Global Brand & Channel Leaders and Regional Marketing Teams on product portfolio and marketing needs for specific markets / archetypes.
- Ensure efficient cross-functional collaboration (R&D, Regulatory, Medical, Clinical) for a cohesive approach to the management of external innovation products and departmental target achievement
- Maintain excellent communication across all departments to utilize all the team's resources and experiences to maximize project outcome
- Ensure partner teams pull through their respective agreed to plans for external innovations.