Company is looking for a Head of Competitive Intelligence (this is a full time role) who is passionate about defining and enabling the sales team and partners with winning competitive strategies.
In this role, you will oversee two Competitive Intelligence team members, while remaining hands-on and front/center with internal leadership and prospective customers.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter and passionate about competitive research to uncover and articulate competitive advantage, have deep insights into real-world customer issues, DevOps and/or Security buyer needs, and have a strong knowledge of Performance monitoring and/or Security Management solutions. This senior-level individual contributor will work closely with Company Sales, product management and product marketing to position Company solutions and related tools against competitors in the marketplace.
What You Will Be Doing
- A deep and ongoing market, competitive research and analysis of competitors’ product and GTM strategy, with a focus on the delivery of accurate, timely, unbiased and contextual analysis as a subject matter expert.
- Provide actionable competitive intelligence, sales tools, training, and consultative engagement to serve the needs of the field (cheat sheets, whitepapers, presentations, etc.) with net-new information, defensible analysis/proof points and positioning of Company solutions favorably against the competition
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of competitive intelligence professionals focused on individual markets, use cases, and buyer segments
- Train Company sales team and partners on competitive differentiation on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for the data analysis and feedback processes to provide a quarterly view of the competitive landscape.
- Evangelize Company's competitive differentiation via content- blogs, webinars, presentations etc.
- Act as an owner with multiple functions (Marketing, Product Management, Customer Success, Sales, SE’s, Partner Organization) to ensure domain knowledge is transferred at appropriate levels of depth.
- Work with field enablement and field success teams to establish take-out approaches as part of standard sales plays.
What You Bring To The Team
- 5-7+ years of experience in a similar role (e.g. competitive intelligence, product marketing, sales or SE experience)
- Previous Application or systems performance monitoring or Security solution experience background is essential.
- Previous background and experience in either sales engineering, product management or technical marketing working in an enterprise company desired
- Experience developing technical presentations, whitepapers, product guides, briefs etc.
- Experience working directly with sales teams
- Deep knowledge of cloud computing architectures, products, and landscape
- Strong understanding of the real-world customer issues and the needs of DevOps or Security buyers
- Ability to collaborate with various groups and drive projects forward
- Strong aptitude for analyzing competitor’s products, strategy, and messaging
- Aptitude for translating technical features into business value as a means of differentiating Company
- Comfortable interfacing with C-level and senior members of the Company sales, marketing, and engineering teams
- Outstanding communicator including written, presentations, and analysis
- Executes with urgency (startup time)