FalconX is one of the fastest growing start-ups in fintech. We are a digital asset brokerage delivering best-in-class pricing and execution capabilities for institutional traders and investors. FalconX is headquartered in San Mateo, CA.
We are data-driven. Whether it's a growth or product decision, we believe data can always help us make more precise and informed choices.
We move fast. Speed of execution is essential for any startup, but we believe this is even more pertinent in our nascent industry.
We value diversity and debate. We believe the direction of our company is shaped by opposing viewpoints and experiences, and that this diversity helps learn and maximize our opportunity for success.
Who is on the team?
We are entrepreneurs. Over half our team has experience founding a company and our first 10 team members have 6 exits under our belts. We come from leading institutions including Google, JUMP, Citadel, Goldman Sachs, Pantera Capital, Harvard Business School, Carnegie Mellon, IIT + more. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world including Accel Partners, Fidelity, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Coinbase, and many more notable ones soon to be publicly announced.
At FalconX, you’ll have a significant influence on the broader success of the digital asset landscape. Some of the largest financial institutions from Wall Street to Silicon Valley and around the world will turn to you for the best market prices and insights on the crypto industry. You will become an expert on crypto industry trends and market movements. With your experience, you will help shape our company’s trading strategies according to our core values - speed, transparency, and trust.
- Ensure that all company activities and operations are compliant with state and federal laws in the United States and internationally.
- Build, implement, and maintain compliance programs, policies, procedures, monitoring, technology and training.
- Partner with outside counsel in preparation for various regulatory applications in the U.S. and abroad.
- Manage internal and external regulatory examinations, audits, inquiries, and similar reviews.
- Monitor daily operations of AML policies and reporting requirements.
- Analyze risks plus identify, document, and quantify the current and future risks.
- Distill information to employees on regulations and compliance best practices.
- Stay up to date on current trends in the cryptocurrency industry.
- 7+ years experience in compliance related functions.
- 5+ years of experience in performing AML compliance for a money service business, bank, or cryptocurrency company.
- Experience with state, federal and international regulators.
- Experience in developing and administering internal controls and processes.
- Ability to work cross functionally across a broad range of business stakeholders
- Bonus: Professional compliance, or financial qualification, and membership of a recognized professional body
- Experience at a cryptocurrency or digital asset company is strongly preferred.