As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We’ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
New opportunity based in Billerica, Massachusetts for a Head of External Reporting to join the Corporate Finance Team.Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Head of External Reporting is a key member of the Finance leadership team with primary responsibility for the management and preparation of SEC and other financial regulatory filings, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K and the annual Proxy.
- Preparation and issuance of SEC filings, including 10-Q and 10-K as well as selected 8-Ks (e.g. quarterly earnings release), benefit plan reports (11-K), and other reporting, as required.
- Works closely with FP&A, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, business units, senior management, and other external parties (attorneys, auditors) to accurately prepare and timely file SEC documents.
- Manages non-GAAP reporting with business units and entities. Works closely with FP&A, Corporate Controller and business partners to identify, assess, and highlight non-GAAP items for external reporting purposes.
- Ensures consistency of messaging across SEC filings, press releases, and investor presentations on a quarterly basis.
- Manages and reviews relevant financial information including: Segment reporting, cash flow reporting, earnings per share analysis and equity roll-forwards.
- Maintain reporting calendar and actively manage adherence.
- Review and approval of external financial bank covenant certifications
- Partners with the Corporate Controller to monitor and interpret US GAAP and SEC guidance as it relates to external financial reporting.
- Monitors major corporate events, including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, changes in debt and equity plans, to assess accounting and regulatory disclosure impact.
- Executes certain financial reporting internal controls associated with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, specifically related to corporate close/consolidation and SEC reporting.
- Works with both internal and external auditors in providing them with required information related to the SEC filings.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting/ Finance required with advanced Finance degree preferred.
- CPA with minimum 8 years accounting and SEC reporting work experience with progressively increasing responsibility and three recent years experience in a leadership role in a global life sciences or biotech work environment
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, computer, analytical, and technical communication organizational, and presentation skills, including advanced MS Office proficiency
- Extensive BPC or similar consolidation tool experience required.
- Workiva or similar reporting tool preferred
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulatory requirement
- Strong understanding of internal controls, COSO framework, and business controls and how they impact financial reporting and business performance
- Viewed as a trusted advisor, partner, and change agent with ability to navigate complex organizational topics to gain agreement and alignment
- Diplomatically addresses complex topics, effectively negotiates with internal and external audiences, makes progress, and builds strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead multiple activities, manage resources, apply project management techniques and tools, focus on continuous process improvement, and employ appropriate metrics
- Possesses behavioral attributes such as teamwork, customer-orientation, tactful communication, leading and developing people, strategic orientation, results orientation, embraces change and innovation
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Maintenance of a valid passport with flexibility for global travel.
- May be required to pass security clearance investigation.
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance withexport control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine theireligibility in light of export control restrictions.