Learn and work on meaningful initiatives with some of the best and brightest in the market research industry. The NPD Group provides the world’s most successful brands with leading market research, combining consumer and retail point-of-sale data with analytic solutions to interpret today’s market trends while anticipating tomorrow’s. In addition, we offer a career filled with innovation and growth to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our team.
- Build, implement and lead group responsible for providing expertise and support to worldwide Product teams in core disciplines including go-to-market planning, pricing and packaging.
- Oversee client and user experience (CX/UX) research and design.
- Create and actively manage communication and coordination linkages between Product teams across regions to ensure sharing of best practices, strategy and knowledge across regions.
- Expand strategic product management support for our Retail Business Group.
- Develop strategy and policy for, and support Product and Commercial teams in, the recruitment of direct to consumer retailers to participate in NPD measurement services.
- Work closely with Commercial, Global Technology, and Marketing organizations to plan and execute necessary work to continually improve NPD customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage the Innovation team, which encompasses:
- New concept and opportunity exploration, evaluation, strategy, business case and proof of concept development
- Research and development of new data sources and client-facing data science applications
- Understand the marketplace, competitive landscape, clients and data; and collaborate with other Product teams to identify product gaps and opportunities.
- Evangelize new, alternative data products with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Global Product Platforms team to migrate new alternative data sources into consistent, durable, scalable, data-as-a-service resources.
- 15+ years of experience in business-to-business information, marketing services or related industries, leading product management and/or data science teams.
- Deep knowledge of data-based products and market research techniques with related experience working with large scale technology and data products, and creating products using agile methodologies.
- Successful track record of developing large-scale technology and data products using rigorous client and market research techniques.
- Experience applying creativity and strategic skills to optimize and expand a portfolio of products for business customers with an inclination to seek their point of view.
- Robust understanding of how to combine data and analytics and translate them into meaningful and differentiated insight.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, balanced with the ability to collaborate in a complex environment.
- Familiarity with a broad range of data types, such as point of sale, consumer panel, digital behavior, GPS, financial transactions, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the practical applications of analytics, data science and statistical methodologies.
- Track record of fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives and coordinating the deployment of projects across departments and different groups of stakeholders.
- A strategic mindset, strong organizational skills and a passion for building new offerings and solutions.
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.