Our Market Research and Consumer Insights organization has been experiencing tremendous growth over recent years. We are seeking a senior leader to create a Market Research and Consumer Insights 'center of excellence'. This role requires an innovative approach, strategic thinking and a long-term vision.
Here's what you'll do:
The Head of Market Research and Consumer Insights will lead the centralized Market Research Group, working with all the consumer brands in Wonderful' s portfolio and act as an extension of the marketing teams. The role will have frequent interaction with our Vice Chairman and Co-Owner. The role reports to the President of the Wonderful Agency.
The Market Research group pursues three objectives:
* Partner with marketing teams to drive major strategic marketing and new product decisions through consumer insights, including both strategic initiatives (e.g., brand strategy and positioning) and tactical initiatives (e.g., pricing, taste testing, marketing campaign tracking)
* Share market research best practices and internal knowledge across Wonderful' s portfolio of brands.
* Provide research support for Wonderful Education, Wonderful Philanthropy, and Wonderful Health and Wellness initiatives.
This Leader's responsibilities are critically important and extremely visible:
* Provide thought leadership in developing practical solutions to marketing challenges
* Develop insights that shape strategy and drive key decisions
* Bring the 'voice of the consumer' into the organization
* Interface directly with marketing senior management and company owners
* Prioritize a portfolio of high-impact research initiatives
* Direct, design and execute research projects in addition to managing a team of researchers
* Oversee analysis of qualitative and quantitative research data results, reporting and presenting findings, and making insightful and actionable recommendations
* Identify and implement new and innovative research techniques to address business needs
* Form strong working relationships and partnerships with marketing leaders
* Includes a team of 5 direct/indirect reports
* Travel for in-field market research, when necessary
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* 15 years of consumer research experience, at least 5 of which at a Director level. especially with a top consumer brand company and/or top market research firm.
* Client-side experience working in consumer research is preferred.
* Experience leading research and insights initiatives at a CPG company.
* Must have traditional background in concepting and executing qualitative and quantitative research across all disciplines (focus groups, online, phone, door-to-door, etc.)
* Should be well-versed in analyzing data to uncover true "actionable" insights.
* Agency experience, as it applies to Account Planning, would be beneficial.
* Master's in market research-related field, MBA, or relevant graduate degree from a leading program is a plus, but not required.
* Experience leading strategy, running a team, and prioritizing initiatives is required.
* Experience in managing, developing and promoting direct reports -- cultivating a culture of collaboration and engagement.
* Proven insights leadership skills with demonstrated ability to present insights initiatives and results to inside partners, senior leadership and C-level executives.
* A highly refined level of executive savvy/gravitas.
* Willing to roll up sleeves to personally manage projects in addition to leading overall team activities.
* Willing to move at a high pace and enjoys having many projects going at once. Can change course, be scrappy, and field research on short timeframes.
* Proven ability to work with small budgets and deliver big insights.
* Strong analytical skills (a statistical qualification is not required, but comfort with data analysis is essential).
* Experience with a statistical based software program (SPSS, SaaS, Stata, etc.) is strongly preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* A strong drive for results with acute attention to details.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
* Subsidized gym membership.
* Onsite subsidized high end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
* Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
* Free tobacco cessation programs.
* Work life balance.
* All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
* Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
* We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are committed to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios® is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and America's fastest-growing snack; Wonderful® Halos® is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful® is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI® Water is America's No. 1 premium imported bottled water brand; JUSTIN® Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California; and Teleflora® is the world's leading floral delivery service. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a longstanding commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $200 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $100 million toward the construction of two charter school campuses in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled