Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a senior-level professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Operational Excellence group will be responsible for overseeing all OE activities for the site with the goal of enabling improved business results through the Daily Management System, Process Improvement and Culture Change.
- Identify and drive positive change across the organization.
- Expert in identifying and implementing efficiency gains for projects at all levels of scope but in particular those which are multi/dimensional, complex and critical to the site’s future.
- Lead and manage the Operational Excellence area formed by OE, Training and OE Deviation Investigator departments.
- Mentor and develop the area team formed by a group of highly educated senior individual contributors: Training and Development Manager, Aseptic Training Manager, OE Manager and OE Deviation Investigator through regular coaching and management.
- Establish the key performance indicators that enables the control on the pivotal deliverables to the business success and sustainability in conjunction with the Site Leadership Team.
- Oversee the site councils to facilitate the implementation of key projects and initiatives that will lead to consistent delivery of the key performance indicators at the site.
- Lead the site wide training and more specifically the aseptic training to accelerate the learning of all employees and to ensure the highest performance in key performance indicators.
- Lead the investigation group that provide support to Warehouse and Facilities and Engineering teams in order to ensure proper Root Cause Analysis and design of effective Corrective Actions that enable the streamlining of processes at the site
- Work with the business to identify and report milestone project progress and work with project sponsors and site leadership to address major barriers to progress to ensure projects are delivered to plan.
- Oversee and promote site and global projects to maintain awareness of improvement activity in all functions at the site.
- Communicate project progress and achievements to maintain awareness of improvement activity on the site, across the network and with corporate leadership.
- Generate OE strategy to establish the continuous improvement culture at the site and spread the knowledge and skills to identify improvements and develop gold standard systems.
- Provide OE technical expertise to facilitate cross functional communication during daily management and during the execution of key process improvement projects.
- Plan, lead, support, drive and/or execute business critical improvement projects to deliver successful results using Lean/DMAIC approach.
- Conduct kaizen (small and large scale) events to create rapid process improvements.
- Develop business case for improvement projects to secure the necessary support and resources for success.
- Subject Matter Expert for coaching others in the philosophy, methods, tools and techniques of process improvement to increase the capability of the business to respond to problems.
- Modifies and facilitate training sessions of relevant material.
- BS in Engineering or Life Sciences Preferred,
- Master Black Belt Preferred or Black Belt certification required
- SAP advanced level
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.