Main Job Purpose:
Company is seeking a lead information and data architect with a passion for data to help realize Company’s Operations Data Strategy. This program will build robust durable capabilities around data in the Operations organization that will allow Company to drive value through data. You will build upon our awarded Enterprise Data Lake to develop data products that span the Operations Domain (Process Development, Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing). There is no more challenging data environment than Life Sciences due to the integration of scientific research, manufacturing, logistics of pharmaceutical products. Expect to make a difference in providing patients with products that meet their medical needs in a competitive landscape.
- Develop the vision for the holistic data models required to support the Operations function from source system to semantic representation.
- Lead design, architecture, and usage patterns of data across the Operations function.
- Ownership of data architecture and information design for Operations data in the Enterprise Data Fabric.
- Develop data strategy and architecture for data integration of complex supply chain, quality, manufacturing operations.
- Strong understanding and experience in data governance across business and technology organizations.
- Responsible for translating Company Operations vision into reality through a scalable data architecture and engineering that will be used to drive a durable capability around data.
- Travel: Domestic and International travel up to 20% may be required
- Doctorate degree plus 4 years of information systems experience
- Master’s degree plus 8 years of information systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of information systems experience
Accomplished in diverse Engineering disciplines; focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology and skills to address complex, real-world problems in the Healthcare and Life Sciences.
- Technical Expertise: Strong understanding of biotechnology information systems including global operations functions such as process development
- Experience developing a technical vision for large multi-functional initiatives and investments that span multiple domains
- Deep understanding of the data technology landscape (e.g. Data Lake/Hadoop/Amazon Web Service ecosystems) as well as it’s applicability to the biotechnology sector
- Deep understanding of the analytics and data science landscape as well as it’s applicability to the biotechnology sector
- Experience developing solution design, business processes redesign and software implementation in a drug development lab / commercialization environment
- Understanding of operating in a GMP environment and productionizing solutions in a GMP validated state and PMP Certification or equivalent
- Ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity, ability to see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making
- Strong experience in designing and developing scalable solutions for data pipelines, including data infrastructure and data models.
- Relevant experience with data technologies such as Apache Spark, AWS Redshift, etc.
- Experience graph databases such as neo4j and AWS Neptune
- Experience building multi-functional relationships and working with other teams to deliver projects
- Experience working in a product driven organization in collaboration with product managers, scrum masters, and going through the product development cycles.
- Experience mentoring technical expertise of teams using state of the art tools, technology, and processes