JBS USA is a leading global provider of diversified, high-quality food products, including a portfolio of well-recognized brands and innovative, easy-to-use food solutions. We process, prepare, package and deliver fresh and value-added premium meat, poultry and retail-ready food products for customers in approximately 100 countries on six continents. We are also the majority shareholder of Pilgrim’s, the largest poultry company in North America. JBS USA employs more than 100,000 team members, and our corporate office is located in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, where our 1,200 team members onsite enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
JBS is Hiring for Head of Operations – Retail Ready
Direct and manage all plants and plant operations within the business unit.
- Directs General Managers in regard to facility operations, at each plant.
- Develops plans to ensure that plants are meeting business initiatives.
- Approves Authorization for Expenditures (AFE) that will provide a return on investment.
- Develops and manages projects resulting in inventory reductions and service improvements.
- Recommends and implements action plans with plants, suppliers, sales, Engineering, marketing, and finance.
- Develops relevant and useful reports and analysis to assist Planning.
- Prepares budget and makes recommendations to the leadership and executive team.
- Sets production and processing goals for the business unit.
- Responsible for operational compliance with safety directives.
- Oversees recommended improvements to productivity, labor efficiencies, and reducing plant costs
- In concert with Head of HR and General Managers establishes accountabilities and goals used for performance evaluation
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Typically requires 10+ years of DIRECTLY RELATED experience. DIRECTLY RELATED work experience will be accepted on a year-for-year basis in lieu of the educational requirement.
- Experience in meat processing and case ready strongly preferred.
- Proven experience managing and motivating others for maximum performance.
- Team player with tremendous leadership skills
- Great work ethic
- Excellent organizational, math and statistical skills
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understand and comply with Company policy and procedures
- Ability to handle conflict; interpersonal skills
- Microsoft Office. Proficiency in Excel preferred
- Knowledge and technical skills in a variety of production jobs
- Strong multi-tasking skills are necessary
- Strong analytical skills & problem solving
Internal: Plant personnel, senior leadership team and production employees. Direct responsibility for the General Managers. Frequent contact with Corporate HQ and Execute Officers.
External: Community, vendors, customers
Directly supervises General Managers.