At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
Our software enables our scientists to better understand human health, such as pinpointing the differences between a cancer and normal cell and the genomic sequences the body makes in response to infections, such as COVID-19. We’ve built an ecosystem of powerful software, hardware, microfluidics, and chemistry to create products that are used by researchers around the world, including 97 of the top 100 global research institutions.
Our teams are encouraged to follow their passions and pursue new ideas in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The discoveries we enable together will lead to better technologies better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
10x Genomics is seeking a Engineering leader to manage and grow our Platform Engineering team. As the head of Platform Engineering you will lead your team to design, architect and deliver various back-end services and products. Some of these include a highly scalable 10x Genomics Cloud Analysis application that can process petabytes of data, a self-scaling cloud high-performance computing cluster manager, and an open source framework for developing and executing complex computational pipelines. The platform team is a force multiplier for our internal computational biology team as well as our customers; it's central mandate is to make access to compute resources and data seamless and easy for internal and external customers. As a leader you will help ensure that the team is delivering the features that scientists need to advance biology and accelerate research.
What you will be doing:
- Lead, and grow the platform team by retaining and recruiting the best in class engineering talent
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, product owners and engineers
- Provide hands on technical leadership to the team
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies
To be successful you must have:
- Deep fundamentals in computer science with strong competencies in algorithms, and software design
- Strong experience in designing web-based architectures for scalability, reliability and performance
- Deep experience with the available toolset including: Linux, NFS, cloud computing, networking, object stores, kubernetes, and containers
- Ability to communicate highly technical subject matter in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for people management and mentorship
- At least 5 years of proven track record building and managing high performing teams
About 10x Genomics:
10x Genomics (NASDAQ: TXG) is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry, and bioinformatics, our technology is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x is one of the fastest-growing biotech companies of the decade, growing from $3M in revenue in 2015 to over $200M in 2019, and has backed over 1,000 scientific publications in the past four years. For more information, visit www.10xgenomics.com.
10x Genomics is headquartered near the West Dublin/Pleasanton BART station, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote candidates will be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.