We are a team of scientists, software engineers, designers and other professionals creating a digital treatment for one of the world's most common ailments: osteoarthritis. Our platform connects patients with licensed physiotherapists, and gives them access to education and an individualized daily schedule of exercises. Everything we do is based on world-class science, and the effectiveness of our treatment has been validated by several peer-reviewed studies. On the marketing and sales side, we balance the fast pace required in a startup with continual investment in tools, CRM, business intelligence, data and best practices to keep our momentum going.
80% of global healthcare costs is incurred by fifteen chronic diseases. Joint pain caused by osteoarthritis (OA) is among the top five of this list, costing $189 billion annually in the US alone. With aging populations and a steady increase in total joint replacements, the costs for OA treatments will become overwhelming for health care systems in a foreseeable future. At the same time, specific exercise, education and coaching by a physical therapist have been scientifically shown to be more effective than medication and joint replacements for most patients. There is a great opportunity here for better outcomes for patients and greatly reduced costs for public and private health insurers. Company fundamentally changes OA treatment by delivering an evidence-based, scalable and cost-effective online solution.
About the role
We are looking for a person with a passion for PR and Communication who wants to be part of building one of the strongest brands in healthcare. You will be a part of a small tight knitted marketing team which is the internal studio that makes content for communication for both Sweden and US. This person reports directly to the VP of Marketing and will work closely with our C-level spokespeople.
Your main work and responsibility will be:
- Develop and execute the global PR strategy for Company (Both B2B and B2C).
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media outlets that cover health, lifestyle, tech, and business
- Plan, develop and produce content and material for PR and Events that drive sales and build brand awareness in all markets.
- Develop, build and maintain Companys thought leadership strategy and network of ambassadors.
- Coach and support our spokespeople when having contact with media.
- You see affiliate- and influencer marketing, digital initiatives, events and community building as natural extensions of PR and you are curious about exploring new areas together with the team.
- You are also familiar with crises communication routines.
- Ensure that all PR is aligned with our Brand and Core Values.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience of PR and communication, with a proven track record from either an in-house or agency setup
- Excellent written and verbal communication both in Swedish and English.
- Experience in building good relationships with journalists
- An intuitive understanding and ability to tell stories based on numbers, trends, and case studies
- An ability to work cross-sectionally and build relationships with multiple teams
- Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
- You are confident in your ability to media train C-level spokespeople
- As a person, you are structured, goal oriented and you like to interact with people
- It’s very important that you are a communicative team player but you need to be comfortable enough to work independently as the main PR person in the team