Head of Product
As the Head of Product at Hive, you are the person who makes the magic happen. You’ll set the vision for our online marketplace, collaborating with the founding team to meet our brief and deliver against our target consumer’s needs. You’ll set the roadmap, build the right team, and lead them to bring this vision to life. You’ll work closely with our Head of Brand Curation and COO to ensure that our platform meets the needs of our brand partners and fulfillment teams. Our mission to redefine the way people shop for groceries online, while bringing in the ability to shop their values, will be squarely in your hands. We can’t wait to work with you.
At Hive, you will:
- Work with founding team to build product roadmap for year 1 and beyondTranslate vision to brief designers and/or developers where needed
- Develop workplan to execute product roadmap including key hires, partners, and technologies
- Lead a cross-functional team of designers and engineers to execute vision for product (MVP and beyond)
- Work closely with CMO to define key research needed and methodology, analysis, etc. to deeply understand usability and users’ needs
- Maintain deep knowledge of emerging trends in tech & sustainability, AI, gaming, etc and make recommendations based on this to founders
- Lead buy, build or partner analysis around new features, products
- Own P&L line items for marketplace build & maintenance
- You have at least 5 years of working in product management, strategy or design, preferably for an e-commerce brand or a marketplace like Amazon, Jet, Thrive, etc.
- You have demonstrated the ability to drive and deliver on the entire product lifecycle
- You have a keen understanding of the resources needed to build well, with an eye towards efficiency
- You’re able to build trusted partnerships and strong relationships in and out of our organization
- You love data, and love digging through research and pulling out trends and insights that you can apply to your work and recommendations
- You have a proven ability to evangelize new products and features to both customers and cross-functional team members, aligning the entire team around a product strategy and vision for the market. You are skilled and passionate about managing and developing teams.
- You have experience driving cross-functional product execution in a lean environment with a focus on results-driven execution
- You have helped teams build great products that users love and have made a splash in the world
- You have a deep passion for building a more sustainable and socially responsible world
- You’re a problem solver, and you love a good challenge: if something hasn’t been done before, even better
- You aren’t satisfied with the status-quo. You love to think creatively and push outside the box
- You’re as comfortable working autonomously as you are collaborating with a team
Competitive pay & benefits
Early stage equity
Flexible work environment with ability to work from home
We believe in a future where products are crafted, quality comes first, and real people make the things we use instead of giant factories. We also believe that today’s challenges need to be solved by people and companies, rather than relying on government.
Hive is building the first online marketplace that makes it easy to buy what you believe in. We curate brands who craft excellent products (delicious foods, household goods that really do the job) while improving the world around us. We practice carbon neutral shipping that is fast and free. And we make our impact visible to shoppers while ensuring our partners uphold their high standards. Our mission is to build a company that not only earns financial profits, but also improves people’s lives and the planet.
We are currently funding our seed round, with a seasoned leadership team that has built businesses such as Freshpet, BarkBox, and Casper. This is an opportunity to join an exciting, high potential venture pre-Series A.
Learn more at www.hivebrands.com.