The Head, US Primary Care Market Access will be responsible for developing and implementing the short- and long-term US market access strategy for the Company Primary Care business unit (including both the Diabetes & Cardiovascular and General Medicines portfolios). This role will also focus on building the market access business unit strategy for the national and regional payer and channel customers for the commercial and governmental operations.
This role will report directly the Head, US Market Access and will be responsible for leading a team focused on payer marketing, account management and payer analytics. In addition, this individual will be responsible for cross matrix leading across diverse teams including US Marketing, Pricing and Contracting Operations, HCP and Consumer Marketing, Manufacturing and Logistics, and Field Sales.
Additionally, this position will develop strategies and tactics for US managed markets account management teams that execute programs across the core payers segments. The candidate will utilize portfolio expertise and managed markets experience to build an integrated market access strategy based upon the brand strategies. The ability to identify key customer segments that will drive advanced customer insights and analytics is critical in this role.
The candidate must have a strong, experienced understanding of the current US payer environment and deep exposure to the US Health Care Regulatory Environment which shapes the development of future pharmaceutical market access and reimbursement strategies for brands in the US.
Additionally, the candidate must have strong business acumen, disciplined financial approaches, experienced in large scale contract negotiations and outstanding communication and interpersonal skills in order to develop and maintain productive relationships across all payer customer groups.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop and implement Market Access strategic and tactical plans to support the in-line Company Primary Care portfolio along with the skill set to drive market access strategy in the early pipeline development portfolio of products in alignment with US & Global brand planning cycles. This will include customer based plans including financial forecasts & analysis.
- Lead Primary Care Value and Access team to develop, implement and manage payer marketing initiatives for all channels of US Market Access customers. These accounts include Payers, PBMs, Medicare, Medicaid.
- Develop payer marketing strategies, tactics and tools for use by account management access related initiatives while holding account teams accountable for access performance objectives.
- Collaborate closely with national, regional and contracting account management; brand marketing; market research; sales management; legal; regulatory; medical; global marketing; global market access; corporate affairs and others to ensure appropriate understanding & implementation of Market Access Marketing strategies as well as drive opportunities to maximize tactical investment through partnering with these groups.
- Collaborate with US and Global V&A and Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team to develop strategies and tactics to support all Diabetes brands. This includes development of Value Propositions, Economic Analysis and Tools as well as Unbranded tactics to support communication of value across various formulary decision makers.
- Collaborate with Market Analytics, Corporate Affairs and Market Access Team to monitor the competitive environment in order to identify strategic pricing and contracting opportunities with payers to enhance patient access.
- Lead the development/management of relationships with key stakeholders within above identified channels as well as lead identification of key business questions and key performance indicators to support measuring success of programs.
- Prioritize, identify and implement Value and Access Marketing plan adjustments when necessary to respond to the dynamic Market Access market place and ensure alignment with Brand/ Market Access leaders on such activities, where appropriate.
- Provide US Market Access input at all stages of brand development and decision-making.
- Manage and optimize annual Market Access promotional budgets to ensure optimal marketing mix and proper execution through all account teams or non-field based approaches.
- Develop and deliver presentations for management and internal and external audiences including senior management.
- Provide leadership to the Market Access Marketing team members, including coaching, motivating, advising and developing team members.
This position will be based in Bridgewater, NJ.
- At least 15 years’ industry experience with 10 years of in-line payer marketing/channel marketing experience, preferably with at least 5 ears of Diabetes and Cardiovascular experience
- In-depth market access knowledge of payers, channel strategies and patient access.
- Previous Market Access experience required. Account Management experience preferred.
- Proven track record of effective people management including coaching, motivating and development planning.
- Must demonstrate ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate and collaborate.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills. Experience in delivering complex messages to various internal and external customers with a track record of effective and influential presentations.
- Demonstrate initiative, creativity, strategic capabilities, and ability to work effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments.
- Significant experience with strong project and process management skills, along with the ability to work on multiple tasks, and to effectively prioritize.
- Must be able to conceptualize and articulate a vision for self and brand that energizes all functional areas and stakeholders.
- Proven team player with ability to frequently and successfully navigate cross-functionally with other Market Access teams and other Company Departments.
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree with concentration in business administration, finance, marketing is preferred. Advanced Degree preferred.
Travel: Approximately 30%