Looking for a seasoned technology leader with experience delivering reliable and effective contemporary voice architecture and contact center technology solutions for a highly customer focused enterprise. The voice and omnichannel contact center strategies and solutions are becoming increasingly critical to the overall business strategies of customer focus, operational efficiency, digital transformation and customer experiences. Because of this, we are looking for a voice/contact center hands-on leader that can engage and collaborate on related business and technology strategies and turn those strategies into the delivery of solutions that advance the goals of the enterprise.
This position is responsible for researching, planning, building, deploying and improving solutions within the overall voice and contact center technology ecosystem including phone & messaging platforms, IVR, call routing, location(s) and configuration of related servers & equipment to support our enterprise business operations. The role will exercise a lot of freedom in defining and executing against our contact center technology strategy to ensure Flight Centre is positioned for scalability and reliability.
This position entails leadership in the design of future voice applications including contact centers and dial tone as the company grows, including product evaluation, testing, participation in product development, and in-depth troubleshooting. designs, develops, deploys and supports in-house and third-party contact center applications sales as well as supports users to improve productivity and customer satisfaction. You will play a major role in planning, deploying and supporting new contact center infrastructure. You will work with both internal Flight Centre teams and external vendors to research, evaluate and implement new solutions
- Provides the architectural design, installation, and configuration of logical and physical voice systems and services (PBX, Contact Centers, etc.) to meet the functional objectives of the business
- Plans and Manages the capacity and planning Manages the performance of voice systems, applications from a senior/architect viewpoint and leads efforts to optimize.
- Develops strategic roadmaps and drives Infrastructure vision into actionable steps.
- Collaborates with Infrastructure Engineering teams to evaluate developing technologies and their viability as part of the overall infrastructure roadmap.
- Defines the metrics to measure progress and maintain accountability
- Implementation: Executes on the road map and demonstrates perceptible business value.
- Prototyping: Identifies emerging technologies that can meaningfully extend the systems to better support user needs, participate in prototyping the use of those technologies, and support decision-making regarding technical direction.
- Procedures: Define, implement and maintain voice operations procedures
- Standards: Leads and maintains strategic engineering standards, designs processes and procedures on projects that will accelerate technologies for our business partners and clients including the rollout of innovative products and services as well as upgrades to the current environment.
- Reporting/Documentation: Creates reports, diagrams, and charts as required for Information Technology procedures, training, and documentation.
- Supports the design of the voice architecture and infrastructure.
- Provide technical support, solutions architecture and operational overview of NICE inContact product, Five 9’s product and Vonage product..
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and provides engineering support for the voice infrastructure and interacts with vendors to resolve issues. Acts as a technical liaison to contact center and voice users including architecture expertise, troubleshooting, project delivery and other assistance.
- Duties of this position will include troubleshooting and diagnosing escalated customer issues acting in a consultative fashion to arrive at a mutually beneficial solution for our internal and externals customers, and coordinating with internal departments to provide a collaborative solution
- 8+ years of experience as a Voice, Telecom, or Unified Communications Engineer focused on hands on support and operations
- 4+ years voice services architecture design and/or solution engineering
- 5+ years managing Contact Center technology – ideally Five 9’s and/or InContact
- 2+ years hands-on experience with network engineering
- 2+ years in integrations with contact centers and CRM/marketing technologies
- (ideally) in retail environment
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and approach technical problems with creative solutions
- Strong knowledge of voice network working designs and their applications, to include predictive dialing, IVR, ACD, quality management, screen recording, live chat, artificial intelligence, and big data
- Contact Center design architecture, design of large scale contact centers • Knowledge of project life cycle management
- Voice Network device installation and testing
- Virtualization technologies • Secure voice network architectures
- High availability network design and technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable voice network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential • Must have knowledge networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Etherchannel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, GLBP, VSS/VSL, QoS, TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, Multicast, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, IPsec, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, current WAN/MAN telecommunications technologies and Web caching services (proxy server) and 802.1x.
- Proven knowledge of Contact Center technologies including Interactive Voice Response IVR, Voice Recognition Unit VRU, Telephony Integration CTI, Automatic Call Distribution ACD, and Private Branch exchange PBX, Call Recording, Call Routing, Workforce Management, Quality Management. Add certifications
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Exercising Judgment and Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; recommend or take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge: Demonstrate a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; remains current with developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Building Effective Relationships: Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Client Focus: Make internal and external clients and their needs a primary focus of actions; develop and sustain productive client relationships.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal and ability to handle all interactions with internal and external clients with professionalism
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, think on your feet, communicate positively and work proactively.
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, VOIP)
What WE can offer YOU!
- Strengths based culture
- Onsite fitness area
- Onsite café
- Relaxed dress attire
- In-house travel planner to book discounted hotel & air
- National/International Award Nights https://vimeo.com/288474385/8d7ebe0ebc
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental after one full month of employment
- 401K with up to 3% company match after 3 months
- Generous paid-time off policy
- Free and confidential access to our in-house financial advisor (401K, Stock Plan)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long-Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Advocate and MD Live
- Giving back through the Flight Centre Foundation (Habitat for Humanity, Feeding America, Earth Share)
Location: Montvale, NJ
FCTG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!