- As set by state certification authorities.
SUPERVISES: Teacher aide and volunteers assigned
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and/or skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible men and women.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and - in harmony with the goals - establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to student.
- Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of district specialists as required.
- Counsels with colleagues, students, and/or parents on a regular basis.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct, and for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher assistant(s) and/or volunteer(s), and cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
- To ensure continuity of services, remote work may be necessary in the event of a health crisis or disruptive situation that requires the closing of school and/or office buildings. An employee’s eligibility for remote work will be determined by the superintendent of schools. Expectations and guidelines for remote work will be distributed by the employee’s supervisor, based on his/her role and responsibilities.
Page 1 of 2
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Ten-month year. Salary and work year to be
according to the current schedule.
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually for tenured and semi-annually for evaluation of professional personnel.
| || || || |
Approved: __________________________________________ Date:_______________
Teacher’s signature: ___________________________________ Date:_______________
*Teacher’s signature indicates knowledge of the job description. However, this job description will
not be used for the purpose of teacher evaluation.
January 3, 1978, rev. 02/00
Putnam City Schools District I-1, Oklahoma Page 2 of 2