Head Start/Program Support Aide
Transportation - MCCC Route - Head Start
Monroe County Intermediate School District-website
REPORTS TO: Early Head Start/Head Start Director/Transportation Supervisor
AVAILABLE: Full-time (Monday-Thursday; occasional Friday) school-year position available immediately. Work schedule based on Head Start school year; up to 7.5 hours per day (includes 1/2 hour paid or unpaid lunch).
SALARY & BENEFITS: Wage: $10.80 per hour. Benefits: Single medical, vision and dental (prorated to 70% if less than 30 hours/week.)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists classroom staff in all classroom activities, field trips and outdoor activities.
- Assists teacher in developing materials and providing activities related to the cultural background of the children and families served.
- Helps supervise at mealtime, eating with the children to encourage good nutrition and social skills.
- Helps keep the classroom and its contents clean and orderly.
- Performs non-instructional tasks such as clerical work, materials development/preparation, etc.
- With direction from professional staff, follows IEP/IFSP.
- Exhibits flexibility and patience when dealing with staff and students.
- Exhibits ability to work independently within guidelines established by the teacher and administration.
- Maintains confidentiality of information pertaining to students and program.
- Demonstrates warmth, concern, care and enthusiasm, as well as a genuine interest in students.
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable, daily transportation.
- Monitor students in transit to assure safety and welfare.
- Assist in maintaining discipline when students are on bus and report behavior problems to the proper authority.
- Promote atmosphere of good conduct on buses by implementing Monroe County Intermediate School District and Head Start Bus Policies and Procedures.
- Assist students in boarding and exiting bus, routinely and in emergencies.
- Operate and secure devices such as car seats, harnesses, booster seats, etc.
- Check independently from the bus driver that bus is empty at the end of each run and that all children are accounted for.
- Report information or concerns about Head Start families to appropriate staff.
- Know the routes, location of stops and which children should board or exit at each location.
- Assist in physical management of students.
- Maintain accurate record keeping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on and off the height of a bus seat. (50 pound lifting test required)
- Must maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Must follow work rules.
- Carries out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Director. Carry out all other responsibilities that may be assigned by the teacher.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: GED or High School Diploma required. May consider Certificate of Completion.
EXPERIENCE: Previous experience working with preschool age children preferred. Knowledge of the purpose of the Head Start Program.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and memos.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with preschool students.
- Good verbal, math and grammar skills.
- Ability to interact with staff and parents.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK:
- A Michigan and FBI criminal history check, post job offer and prior to employment. The processing fee of $43.25 is the responsibility of the applicant.
- Childcare Background Check through the State of Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs post job offer and prior to employment.
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS: Physical Exam and TB Test, post job offer and prior to hire. Fees are responsibility of applicant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and peripheral vision. The employee needs to be able to tell where a sound is coming from and will regularly sit, walk and stand. The employee will continuously interact with the public, other staff and students. While performing the duties of this job the employee will occasionally hear conversation in a quiet and/or noisy environment. Employee will assist in physical management of students.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and is a standard acceptable level for this environment. The employee must work with public and other staff, continuously meeting multiple demands from several people. The employee may be responsible for the safety and well-being of students.
APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO SUPPLY THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS OUTLINED BELOW AND FULLY COMPLETE THE APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED
Current Monroe County Intermediate School District employees who meet the qualifications must complete the online application within fivedays at www.monroeisd.us to be considered. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Supporting documents required (resume', 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Must complete online application at www.monroeisd.us. (Click on "Employment" and "Frontline Education - Applicant Tracking" and follow instructions to apply for this position.) Faxed or mailed applications willnot be accepted. Supporting documents required (resume', transcripts, 3 letters of reference, and applicable certifications/license) must be uploaded with the application.
Human Resources Department
Monroe County Intermediate School District
1101 S. Raisinville Road
Monroe MI 48161
Phone: (734) 322-2642
The Monroe County Intermediate School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, religion, disability or handicap.