About Fallon Health
Founded in 1977, Fallon Health is a leading health care services organization that supports the diverse and changing needs of those we serve. In addition to offering innovative health insurance solutions and a variety of Medicaid and Medicare products, we excel in creating unique health care programs and services that provide coordinated, integrated care for seniors and individuals with complex health needs. Fallon has consistently ranked among the nation’s top health plans, and is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance for its HMO, Medicare Advantage and Medicaid products. For more information, visit fallonhealth.org.
About Summit ElderCare:
Fallon Health operates the largest Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) in New England and the fifth largest in the country. Called Summit ElderCare, Fallon’s PACE helps provide older adults and their caregivers with a welcome alternative to nursing home care. Participants in Summit ElderCare have access to comprehensive medical services and social support at a Summit ElderCare site while they keep the independence of living in their own homes and communities.
Summary: Provides personal care to participants and assists in all phases of the daily operation of the PACE program.
Shift(s): Tuesday - Saturday 7:30 – 4:00 pm
Sunday - Thursday 9:30- 6:00 pm
- Under the supervision of the nurse, assists with assessing and meeting Activity of Daily Living needs of participants at the PACE center and/or in participants’ homes.
- Contributes to the development of a care plan for participants through interaction with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Collaborates as needed with other members of the Interdisciplinary Team to assure appropriateness and continuity of care.
- Carries out simple, non-skilled treatments including, but not limited to, vital signs and urine testing.
- Assists the Activity Coordinator and staff with individual and group programs by helping to plan individual treatment programs, increasing participants’ motivation to participate, assisting participants to participate when needed and assisting with evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Assists registered therapists and certified therapy assistants with treatment and patient related activities which are predetermined for each participant and assigned by the registered therapist including, but not limited to, positioning, transfers, ambulation and exercises.
- Maintains a clean and safe working and/or living environment in the PACE center and/or participants’ homes.
- Assists with meal and snack preparation, serving and clean-up.
- Uses safe techniques in all interactions with participants.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation as required by SE policies and procedures and/or as assigned by supervisor.
- Performs all duties in accordance with FCHP and Summit ElderCare policies and procedures.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
Completion of an approved Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant Training Program (training must be completed prior to employment).
License: Valid drivers license
Certification: Certification as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant;
CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to be certified with 60 days of employment.
Experience: One or more years experience working with the elderly in a health care setting.