The Health Center Manager will be responsible for the nutritional care of patients, managing the staff in the health center, nutrition education, and promotion of nutrition services within an upscale continuing care community. The Health Center Manager communicates daily with the Director of Nutrition Services and department staff. The Health Center Manager communicates directly with patients, nurses, and other caregivers. They will also oversee the kitchen production and Dietary Aides process in the Health Center.
$50,000- $55,000 annually
Responsible for the nutritional care of elderly patients
- Leading the culinary team in the Health Center.
- Conducts timely screening of patients
- Conducts weight and calorie counts in a timely manner and accurately communicates to the attending Registered Dietitian.
- Acts as a liaison on behalf of the patient’s nutritional care with the Dietitian.
Communicates the nutritional needs of patients to the nutrition services staff to assure appropriate food service to patients
- Reviews menu as patient requirements indicates.
- Completes and updates patient information and/or communicates patient preferences to dietary staff before meal service.
- Solves minor problems between patient requests and therapeutic diet requirements.
Supports the role of Nutrition Services on multi-disciplinary health care teams and cooperates with other departments
- Serves on a multi-disciplinary team giving expertise to enhance patient care, i.e. Acute Care rounds and discharge planning.
- Initiates communication with other health care members to enhance the position of nutrition.
- Fosters good relationships with medical practitioners and generally promotes Nutrition Services within the hospital and community.
- Bachelors and/or advanced degree in nutrition of foods and nutrition from an accredited school, preferred
- Certified Dietary Manager Certification required.
- Good verbal and writing skills are essential.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a health care setting.
- Experience in working with clients who have dietary problems related to illness.
- Previous work with terminally ill clients / families is preferred.
Thomas Cuisine is an award-winning, privately-held contract food service company operating in 18 states and growing. We advocate the healing power of whole foods. We believe in preparing scratch-made cuisine fresh each day. Our clients include hospitals, upscale senior living communities and corporate dining facilities. Every Thomas Cuisine team member is an ambassador, carrying out our mission, reflecting our values and building relationships while "doing the right thing". We seek to make a valuable difference to those we serve- one nutritious meal at a time
REAL Food | Genuine Service | Enduring RelationshipsSee job description