We have an opening for a Full Time Registered Nurse ( RN) Health Center Manager to work at our employer based health center located inWhitakers, NC!
*Sign on Bonus*
*Relocation Assistance Available*
*Health Care Leadership Experience Preferred*
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Health Center Manager RN is responsible for managing a broad range of staff members, both support staff and technical staff and ensuring the scheduling and service levels are being met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Oversees the overall management of a medium size health center (8 – 22 headcount)
- Provides a moderate amount of time (15- 50%), dedicated to patient care and/or technical expertise (fitness etc.) as needed
- Manages technical Team Leaders and monitors all daily operational processes for Medical Leaders and providers
- Compiles input for the performance appraisal process for all staff members
- Manages staff typically composed of RNs, administrative and technical staff (staff may be exempt or nonexempt); Responsible for following appropriate processes for staff management including talent acquisition, staff development and performance management. Provides input to Account Manager for the final staffing decisions.
- Responsible for interviewing, training and ensuring the successful orientation and onboarding of new colleagues
- Manages daily operations, workflow, work schedules, timecard monitoring etc. to ensure efficient and effective Health Center performance
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and presents resolutions and recommendations to the Account Manager
- Makes recommendation regarding staffing model based on objective scheduling & volume analysis – presents to Account Manager for approval
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, policy and licensing requirements
- Completes incident reports as needed and provides assistance to the Medical Care and Outcomes dept. regarding investigations and the resolution of complaints
- Communicates and coordinates corporate messages and ensures implementation of policies and procedures are followed
- Coaches and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis
- Manages internal budget, reviews expenses, purchases supplies, inventories equipment, medication etc. where appropriate
- Assists in the identification and scheduling of local per diems
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Leader at the site to manage internal site issues
- Communicates regularly with staff, conducts meetings and keeps staff informed.
- May interact with client representatives as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred
- 2 – 3 years management experience
- Prior management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing etc.)
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills
- Training skills a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.