Health Coach & Educator
Alignment Healthcare was founded with a mission to revolutionize health care with a serving heart culture. Through its unique integrated care delivery models, deep physician partnerships and use of proprietary technologies, Alignment is committed to transforming health care one person at a time.
By becoming a part of the Alignment Healthcare team, you will provide members with the quality of care they truly need and deserve. We believe that great work comes from people who are inspired to be their best. We have built a team of talented and experienced people who are passionate about transforming the lives of the seniors we serve. In this fast-growing company, you will find ample room for growth and innovation alongside the Alignment community.
Our Health Coach & Educator will be responsible for developing a wellness coaching relationship with patients, caregivers, and families through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
(May include but are not limited to)
- The Health Coach will be responsible for contacting patients that are eligible for Alignment’s Care at Home program and provides necessary wellness coaching to reduce or eliminate high-risk behaviors.
- Encourages adoption of habits that are conducive to a higher quality of life.
- Responsible for delivering a high level of patient service and increasing member retention and satisfaction.
- Develop and distribute health education materials to identified patients, caregivers, and/or families
- Develop customized care plan for program participants including goals and plan of action
- Coordinate Care with other Alignment team members, including health-related vendors for optimal patient care
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum Experience:
- One-year experience as a wellness/health coach or educator
- Experience in health behavior change/health coaching/health education
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a health-related field (or equivalent experience/certifications) such as health promotion, health education, gerontology, social work, nutrition, and other health-related field or counseling; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certification from an accredited professional wellness coach training program preferred.
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, stress reduction and chronic conditions
- Strong knowledge of specific diseases, lifestyle-related topics, nutrition, and exercise
- Knowledge of and experience with applying the stages of change or a similar behavior change model
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among customers and coworkers
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to audience
- Adaptability – able to change tasks quickly as business needs dictate
- Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations and AHP policies
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Well-developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
- Self-Confidence – A Health Coach can effectively communicate and educate patients, caregivers, and families on various subject matters, including diet, fall-risk reduction, home safety, and various chronic diseases to support pre-established care plans by the patient’s PCP, specialists, and AHC clinicians.
- Conscientiousness– A Health Coach is organized and always meets deadlines / commitments.
- Achievement Drive – A Health Coach constantly strives to improve standards of excellence Initiative – A Health Coach pursues goals beyond what’s required or expected of them Service Orientation – A Health Coach anticipates, recognizes and meets customer needs. Influence – A Health Coach can effectively persuade others.
- Communication – A Health Coach deals with issues, listens and seeks mutual understanding.
- Collaboration and Cooperation – A Health Coach is shares plans, information and resources.
- Work Environment:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.