Anytime Fitness is considered to be a premier place to work within the industry, where our mission is to help you Get to a Healthier Place®! We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for helping others improve their lives through health and fitness. This is a position to help grow our Personal Training department by working in a creative, fun and upbeat atmosphere where every day is different.
The Personal Trainer’s focus is on helping the member “Get to a Healthier Place®” by employing both Anytime Fitness and the personal trainer’s creative approach. Each member will receive an initial fitness consultation that will set the PT on a path for establishing a 1-1 rapport with the member. With access to a facility that includes any/all types of the latest equipment available, the personal trainer will guide the member to their greatest levels of personal achievement in physical health. Additionally, through best-in-class “Train-the-Trainer” programs, the PT will have access to dozens of hours of continuing education.
- Must have a passion for people and helping them achieve their goals
- Must be energetic and outgoing. If you are afraid to reach out to people and follow up with members or clients, this is not a job for you.
- Must be organized and dependable. No one wants a trainer that doesn't show up, shows up late or constantly has to reschedule appointments.
- Must be a team player. If you are above helping the rest of the team with keeping a clean gym or helping with the little things, keep looking.
- Must be coachable. If you are willing to continually learn, we want you on our team. We have a ton of resources available to help you excel and continue your education in health & fitness
- Motivate and train the member in a 1:1 and collaborate with group trainers to create live group training environment
- Match Anytime Fitness personal training programs - in conjunction with the Personal Trainer’s expertise - with the member’s goals and abilities
- Conduct fitness consultations to ensure the member’s goals are registered
- Track, monitor and report each member’s progress while working to continue an ongoing personal training regimen with each client
- Successful Personal Trainers continue education of each member and create long-term relationships
- All other duties as assigned
- Current CPR, AED and personal training certification(s) are required as is a current nationally recognized certification such as NASM or ACE
- Previous PT experience is preferred in either a fitness facility or private training environment
- Previous experience with fitness club management software (Club O/S, Club Ready, apps like My Fitness Pal all a plus)
- Superior communication skills (verbal & written) with the ability to connect with people while motivating them to achieve their goals
- Desire to continually learn new principles in the areas of training, overall fitness, health and nutrition
- Hands on training and experience in areas such as corrective exercise, post-rehab, and injury prevention, are a plus