Chestnut Health Systems is a leading provider of behavioral and primary health care services. Over four decades, Chestnut has grown to over 700 committed, compassionate employees providing substance use, mental health and primary care treatment to patients in Central and Southern Illinois. We provide fully integrated care for all of our patients by combining behavioral health care services with our community-based primary care health centers. Chestnut also conducts research and training throughout the U.S.A.
Chestnut Health Systems is seeking a full-time Health Educator for our Bloomington, IL facility.
**Please note to be considered for a position you must attach a resume, complete the application, and answer all screening questions.
- Within stated protocols, complete a variety of scheduled and non-scheduled outreach for assessment, coaching, follow-up, and other health promotion and wellness activities with clients/patients. Clients/patients include those with mental health issues, chronic disease conditions, and/or substance use disorders.
- Accurately collect data and document in the electronic medical record in accordance with the designated schedule.
- Maintain a record in the electronic medical record of all contact activities with the client/patient in an accurate and timely manner. Assist with the quality assurance of the data.
- Maintain an understanding of available community health and wellness resources outside of program.
- Support and/or assist patient/client access to community health and wellness resources as appropriate.
- Actively collaborate with the care team members to improve client/patient and program outcomes.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with the Behavioral Health Program and Chestnut Family Health Center personnel, volunteers, and outside agencies including the State of Illinois Promoting Integration of Primary and Behavioral Health Care (PIPBHC) grant team; operating professionally within a multi-disciplinary team setting which includes modeling of Chestnut Health Systems mission, vision, values and recovery values.
- Participate in the building and maintaining a health library with supervisory guidance and oversight.
- Develop, maintain, and distribute specialized communication and materials related to the program with supervisory guidance and oversight.
- Develop individual and group health promotion initiatives and events with supervisory guidance and oversight.
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility and a professional awareness of time management in performance of all duties.
- Participate in all Behavioral Health and Chestnut Family Health Center required staff development activities and QI initiatives, including necessary trainings, supervision, case reviews, and staff meetings.
- Participate in professional training in the fields of mental health, disease management, health promotion, prevention in order to achieve maintain/professional development, and upgrade knowledge/skills.
- Promote Chestnut’s culture of customer service excellence through the adherence to Chestnut’s behavioral standards for customer service.
- Must have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in community health promotion or in a behavioral health or health coaching discipline.
- At least one (1) year of full-time experience in a healthcare setting and prior experience providing health coaching or health education in a behavioral healthcare setting preferred.
- Must be comfortable with face-to-face or telephone based services, self-directed and able to provide superior customer service to clients/patients with co-occurring conditions related to mental health, physical health, and/or substance use disorders.
- Must have a solid understanding of promoting health, wellness, and prevention for populations with low literacy, low income, limited access to affordable, healthy food, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate and motivate is a must.
- Proficient in Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change techniques is desirable.
- Must possess a strong desire to help patients increase self-efficacy to make informed healthcare and lifestyle choices.
- Adherence to organization stated program policies and procedures and documentation protocols is required.
- Basic computer skills and experience to include MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat and an electronic medical record (EMR).
- Must be self-directed and able to provide services outlined in duties and responsibilities.
- Satisfactory completion of Chestnut’s background checking process.
This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company match, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
***For additional information and inquiries text "Chestnut" to 97211
Chestnut welcomes applications from qualified individuals with recovery experience.
EOE – Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled