Ground breaking science.Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Health Educator - 2329286
As an integral part of MountSinai Medical Center’s health care team, the Health Educator I participates inthe preparation and distribution of data to identify the community’s healthneeds in an effort to plan, design and implement programs that encouragehealthy behavior and prevent disease.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists in the development and presentation of healtheducation and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences, insmall groups as well as individual sessions.
2. Documents activities, recording information such as thenumbers of applications completed, presentations conducted, and personsassisted. Assists in assessing the impact of treatment compliance.
3. Develops and maintains cooperative working relationshipswith agencies and organizations interested in public health care.
4. Participates in the preparation and distribution of healtheducation materials, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such asfilms, videotapes, photographs, and posters.
5. Assists in the development of operational plans andpolicies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
6. Collaborates with health specialists and civic groups todetermine community health needs and the availability of services, and todevelop goals for meeting needs.
7. Participates in the design and conduct of evaluations anddiagnostic studies to assess the quality and performance of health educationprograms.
8. Provides program information to the public conductingmedia campaigns, and/or maintaining program-related web sites.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in health education/promotion, publichealth, or community health,
Master’s degree in Health Education preferred. Phlebotomytraining/certification preferred.
Certification as a Certified Health Educator (CHES) from theNational Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. preferred
0-1 years of experience
* Phlebotomy experience preferred depending on the department
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a commondevotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as thecity we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When youjoin us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement,education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquireand retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing workenvironment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that allemployees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on qualitypatient care.
Explore more about thisopportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employeesstrong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to providecompassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicinethrough unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diversecommunities we serve.
Formed in September2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn Schoolof Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, includingMount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount SinaiHospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount SinaiRoosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of MountSinai.
The Mount Sinai HealthSystem is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect forindividual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feelvalued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexualorientation.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-New York