** This role needs to be based in either Burlington, VT OR Hooksett, NH
What will I be doing?
The Health Engagement Consultant is responsible for driving consistent wellness program development, guidelines, and delivery to Cigna Select Buyer Group clients. In working with Cigna clients with diverse employee populations, this role identifies the right wellness program mix and the program setting to educate, engage and activate employees to achieve health improvement goals. In partnership with the account management team, Engagement Consultant recommends the appropriate delivery and coordination of wellness programs, community and vendor programs, and monitors effectiveness of the programs. A core objective of this position is to facilitate wellness programs that educate and influence employees at the worksite to lead healthy lifestyles.
Responsible for consulting with employers and brokers in the development of strategic health engagement plans, spearheading customer engagement initiatives, coordinating open enrollment activities and educating customers on being a better consumers of healthcare. The Engagement Consultant also present benefit plan design to our customers at annual open enrollment meetings. The presentation highlights plan or network changes, online tools and educational materials.
This position is responsible for supporting client wellness objectives and managing the communication and execution of these initiatives/tactics to ensure successful implementation and desired results.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assess client’s employee health challenges and objectives, helping to design a strategic multi-year wellness program that is customized to their workforce, goals and budget. The assessment will utilize, health assessment data, organizational assessment and may factor in claim/utilization data, employee survey data, biometric screenings or other data as appropriate.
- Consult with the client to convey the importance of the right framework for an effective wellness program, i.e., leadership support, a wellness committee, the appropriate incentive structure, and supporting organizational policies related to wellness
- Coordinate with sales partners to identify opportunities for product penetration of existing accounts, potential sales of ancillary products and strategies to maximize membership
- Provide ongoing analysis and evaluation of client communication/health/wellness strategies to determine effectiveness, penetration, and impact to client’s total claims and utilization, biometric data, and employee engagement
- Manage assigned book of business; in addition manage client wellness fund that is provided by Cigna (if applicable). This may include arranging payment to vendors and purchasing qualified expenses for clients as needed.
- Research industry application and internal best practices to arrive at creative solutions for clients’ health and wellness programs. Build an inventory of approved best practice programs to use in the field
- Execute presentations to clients or brokers to describe and respond to questions about Cigna’s health and wellness offerings, approach, and results. May participate in finalist presentations to provide insight on Cigna's health and wellness capabilities.
- Responsible for presenting Cigna employee benefits for all new and renewing groups on an annual basis. Coordinates on site bio metric events and open enrollment meetings.
- Refer, or delegate questions, issues, and problems to appropriate Cigna resources on a wide range of products as they relate to the assigned book of business
- Provide active support to Sales growth and persistency targets at market level
- Achieve the team business plan objectives, both in support of the implementation of new plans and in identifying and responding to customer needs
What’s in it for you:
- Great team environment! We have fun and get our work done too!
- Opportunity to have immediate impact on C-suite with employers under 500
- Flexible schedule
- Community impact
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- A working environment that embraces diversity
- Relocation assistance if not local
What do I need for this position?
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; in health education, health promotion, business administration or marketing
- Certification through the National Commission For Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) or State Board, or National Wellness Institute (NWI); Life and Health Producers license preferred
- Ability to obtain Health and Wellness Certification and Life and Health Producers license - candidate may achieve certification/license within one year post-hire.
- 2 or more years preferred experience in client facing, corporate health promotion program design
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Posess problem solving and analytical skills; attention to detail and proven ability to manage set timelines
- Ability to foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Proven ability to function in a heavily matrixed environment
- Possess knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to present in group setting
- Must be willing to travel to local and remote clients/customers and trainings/meetings as needed; markets may vary
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.