HealthFitness has a new opportunity for an on-call (# of hours depends on demand) Health Fitness Assistant at our client site in Los Angeles, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for providing outstanding service to Health Fitness-managed Fitness Center members & participants in accordance with Health Fitness protocols while delivering individual and group health & fitness programs and services to maximize participation, results achievement and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) and 2 years related industry experience.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross required prior to start date.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Student working towards the above degrees or certifications.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.