HealthFitness has a new opportunity for an on-call (# of hours depends on demand)Health Fitness Assistant at our client site in Nashville, TN. In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and assisting in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will also be responsible for providing outstanding service to members & program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personnel and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Associate/Bachelor Degree inExercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) and 2+ years related industry experience.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Proficiencyin fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
- Stronginterpersonal communication and customer service skills including theability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Exceland Outlook.
- Abilityto effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Abilityto work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.