HealthFitness is looking for individuals that thrive on motivating others to exercise and empowering them to make positive life-style choices. If helping others is your passion, then you will want to join our winning team of professionals! Currently we have opportunities for substitute (as-needed) Health Fitness Assistants at our client site in Raymond, OH.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to engage with individuals through providing exercise floor supervision, individual and group instruction and by assisting in the delivery of health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Assists in creating and maintaining bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Associate/Bachelor Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline OR HealthFitness recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and/or Personal Training (ACE, AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACSM) and 1 years related industry experience.
- Current CPR/AED and first aid certifications from American Heart Association, American Safety & Health Institute or American Red Cross.
- Bachelor's degree in a health/fitness related field.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
group fitness, personal trainer, Marysville, columbus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.