HealthFitness has an exciting new opportunity for a part-time (19.5 hours per week)Health Fitness Specialist at our client's community fitness center locatedin Pewaukee, Wisconsin!In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will provide personal training; conduct fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provide fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer Health Profiles including blood pressure, heart rate, body composition, flexibility, muscular strength and endurance, and sub-maximal track/treadmill test.
- Orient members to the equipment and develop programs to fit their goals and interests.
- Organization of new member files including screenings, PR’s to physicians, and complete assessments.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assists with the development and delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions both internally and externally with the community.
- Participate in community health fairs and events.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, exercise science, etc) required.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the American Heart Association or Red Cross required.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM is preferred.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.