HealthFitness is looking for individuals that thrive on motivating others to exercise and empowering them to make positive life-style choices. If helping others is your passion then you will want to join our winning team of professionals. Currently we have an opportunity for a temporary part-time (15 hrs/week for up to 3 months) Health Fitness Specialist at our client sites in Cupertino, and Fremont, CA. In this position, you will be responsible for interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. This position is expected to start in early to mid October.
Your primary responsibilities include instructing group exercise classes; providing personal fitness programs; conducting fitness pre-assessments for onsite challenges, and orientations to fitness center. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings, as instructed by program manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conduct health assessments (BP screenings, etc), one on one exercise programming (personal fitness programs) and provide education to clients.
- Administrative duties such as managing email communications, lottery for classes, sign-up sheets creation.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and maintains Google Sheets, Google Forms, Google Sites communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and increase engagement to platform offerings.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, Exercise Science, etc).
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certifications through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes.
- Recognized industry certification in Group Exercise Instruction (circuit, bootcamp, hi/lo, kickboxing, yoga, etc.).
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Personal Training industry certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA, or NASM.
- Previous Yoga Instructor experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.