HealthFitness has a great opportunity for a part-time (20 hours per week) Health Fitness Specialist at our client's corporate fitness center in Durham, North Carolina. In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will instruct group exercise classes; provide personal training; conduct fitness assessments, exercise prescriptions, and orientations; and provide fitness floor coverage and facility oversight. You may also assist with or coordinate various health and fitness program offerings.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the floor to build member relationships and monitor safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conduct health assessments, one on one exercise programming (personal training) and provide education to clients.
- Administrative duties such as managing PHI and payments for personal training.
- Open/close facility and maintain safety and cleanliness of the facility.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs & promotions.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing & communication materials.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation, re-engage inactive members and acquire new members.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Kinesiology, exercise science, etc).
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED or BLS certification through the AHA or Red Cross.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Experience instructing group exercise classes (step, hi/lo, spin, kickboxing, zumba, yoga, etc.).
- Industry recognized Group Exercise certification.
- Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.