HealthFitness has a great new opportunity for a full-time (40 hours per week, benefits eligible) Fitness Specialist/Personal Trainer at our corporate client site located in South San Francisco, California. This large fitness center is 35,000 sq. ft. and has a full compliment of cardio and strength training equipment, a college regulation sized basketball court, and much more! In this position, you will be responsible for providing exercise floor supervision, interacting with members and program participants, and delivering health and fitness programs and services, promotions and outreach activities. You will be responsible for providing outstanding service to members and program participants to maximize participation, outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises facility; interacts with participants and monitors equipment and participant safety.
- Provides individual and group exercise instruction; educates participants on proper techniques to maximize exercise safety and effectiveness.
- Conducts fitness testing and assessments and advises participants of results; designs individualized programs to meet the member's interests, abilities and goals.
- Assists with the development and/or delivery of a variety of HealthFitness and program-specific health improvement programs and promotions.
- Participates in membership drives to acquire new members; enrolls new participants and conducts facility, program and equipment orientations.
- Promotes program offerings and conducts outreach activities to increase participation and re-engage inactive members.
- Creates and maintains bulletin boards, newsletters and other marketing and communication materials.
- Maintains participant files and database.
- Performs facility maintenance responsibilities; ensures facility, equipment and locker rooms are clean and stocked at all times. Ensures personal and facility appearance meet standards.
- Projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise Science, Health Promotion, Kinesiology or related discipline required; completion of internship program preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Proficiency in fitness assessment and exercise prescription.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills including the ability to motivate others.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including at minimum Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize work demands.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
- Competency in the delivery of HealthFitness and site-specific programs and services.
- Recognized industry certifications in Group Exercise and Personal Training certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NSCA or NASM.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.