DEPARTMENT: Community Resources and Education
POSITION: Health Promoter Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Programs Manager OPEN DATE: Immediately
CBU STATUS: UNION
Reporting to the Director of Health & Leadership Programs, the Health Promoter’s basic function is to conduct outreach, trainings, and workshops to build leaderships skills, knowledge, and wellness within Chicago’s Latinx community, as well as connect the community to public benefits.
- Provide general information to community members on community resources, immigration relief options, know-your-rights information, census, and general health/nutrition;
- Recruit, train, and supervise community navigators to deliver informational workshops and assist with their leadership development;
- Assist with Comprando Rico y Sano (CRyS) and Diabetes Prevention program oversight, including planning, purchasing supplies/ingredients, ensuring everything is safe and clean for consumption, curriculum development, logistics, volunteers, and data;
- Assist with the Legal Protection Fund (LPF) management, including planning, curriculum development, logistics, referrals, volunteers, and data;
- Identify partner agencies to host workshops for CRyS and LPF and build mutual relationships among these agencies;
- Review all files from participants to ensure completeness;
- Help maintain Salesforce database for CRyS and LPF;
- Coordinate CityKey events at Erie House and assist with printing events held at partner agencies when necessary;
- Work towards becoming a lifestyle coach under the supervision of the program manager;
- Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma preferred or demonstrated experience in working with immigrant communities;
- Written and oral fluency in English/Spanish required;
- Desire and ability to work independently, but also to perform in a team environment;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to stay organized, manage a high-volume workload, and work under strict deadlines;
- Sensitivity to the needs and legal issues affecting people of diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent professional judgment and interpersonal skills;
- Access to transportation and ability to work Saturdays required;
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and sensitivity to challenges of the immigrant community.
Compensation Range: $17.50 – $18.50 an hour, plus excellent benefit package
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE!
MUST BE A MEMBER OF AFSCME OR JOIN AFTER 30 DAYS
ERIE NEIGHBORHOOD HOUSE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ACCREDITED BY NAEYC & NATIONAL AFTER SCHOOL ASSOCIATION
RECOGNIZED BY DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE;
UNITED WAY MEMBER