Expertise in Adult Obesity and Bariatric Surgery
The MetroHealth Medical System is an integrated health system with an acute care hospital housing a Level I Adult Trauma and Burn Center, a skilled nursing facility and more than 25 locations throughout northeastern Ohio. It is an outstanding public, safety-net academic medical system affiliated with Case Western Reserve University and provides medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, and vision services to diverse underserved communities in Cuyahoga County/Cleveland Ohio and surrounding areas. There is a strong tradition of interprofessional, integrated care service delivery models and an APA-accredited doctoral clinical child/pediatric psychology internship. Psychologists at MetroHealth are full members of the medical staff.
We are seeking a Health Psychologist with expertise and experience in the behavioral treatment of adults with the chronic disease of obesity and related metabolic and eating disorders. Psychologists will work with our multi-disciplinary Weight Loss Surgery Weight Management Center team to provide individual and group assessment and treatment of patients with obesity who are 1) preparing for or have had metabolic and bariatric surgery; 2) are being treated with medications; 3) struggling with new or relapsed addiction issues after weight loss surgery; and 4) have binge eating disorder or bulimia nervosa.
Successful candidates will partner with colleagues in the Weight Loss Surgery and Weight Management Center to advance the quality and expand our weight loss surgery and overall program. This individual will be a committed and active participant in key academic medical associations and in related continuing education programs. This candidate will partner to insure meeting and exceeding standards of care sent by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and The Obesity Society.
We are also looking for psychologists to help develop an adult health psychology track to the psychology internship and to participate in trainee supervision. You will be joining a growing Interdepartmental Psychology Section comprised of more than 20 psychologists and 12+ doctoral trainees.
This position carries a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
- Conduct psychological individual and group evaluations and treatments as part of an interprofessional MetroHealth Weight Loss Surgery and Weight Management Center Team. This includes collaborating with the team to insure processes that support clinical and productivity goals.
- Participate with the Weight Loss Surgery and Weight Management Center Team in the design and evaluation of outcomes in these patients
- Collaborate on education and program development initiatives to advance behavioral health services in accordance with applicant interests.
- Join the Psychology Internship Training Committee and work with the adult health psychology internship track. Participate in didactic seminars and supervise clinical staff, psychology post-doctoral fellows, interns and graduate trainees.
HOURS: This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position. MetroHealth offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
- Doctorate in psychology from an APA-accredited college or university program with an emphasis in heath psychology
- Doctoral internship in clinical/counseling/health psychology in an APA-accredited program
- Completion of a health psychology post-doctoral fellowship in a health care setting
- Current, valid, unrestricted licensure to practice as a Psychologist in Ohio by start date
- Eligibility for ABPP Board certification in Health Psychology and/or the Certification Board of Obesity Educators
- Background and experience in training, program development and collaborative research
- Training and experience with adults in
- behavioral treatment of obesity, weight management and health maintenance
- evaluation and treatment of patients preparing for surgery
- education/counseling of obesity related eating disorders, (e.g., membership/activity in The Obesity Society)
- Experience with diverse patient populations
Interested candidates should e-mail their CV and a letter outlining clinical and academic interests to: Terry Stancin, PhD, Chief, Psychology Section, The MetroHealth System, c/o Eloy Vazquez, Provider Recruitment, email@example.com
In employment, as in education, MetroHealth System and Case Western Reserve University are committed to Equal Opportunity and World Class Diversity. Women and minority applicants are encouraged to apply.