This position is responsible for leading all aspects of a Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management program encompassing Prysmian Group’s High Voltage installation sites across North America; driving growth of the Installation business by implementing best practices and ensuring the Health and Safety of all those associates working on site. This person, reporting to the VP, QHSE North America, will work as part of an integrated team that includes the High Volt business team, Corporate Quality, the High Volt installation team, and contract employees.
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Provide Project Teams with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site meets industry, local, state, and federal HSE guidelines and regulations.
- Responsible for construction job site safety presence, inspections, hazard analyses, and reporting.
- Manage/implement HSE priorities for construction division.
- Conduct HSE audits to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action and implement follow up assessments.
- Establish, implement, and track construction project site HSE orientation and ongoing compliance training programs for all employees and sub-contractors.
- Oversee and support Project Managers in Accident/Near Miss Reporting/Investigation process. Report injuries to Worker’s Comp Insurance and management and follow up as required.
- Interface with OSHA, EPA and state agencies where necessary.
- Act as company safety representative to customers and attend meetings as directed by Management Group.
- Coordinate subcontractor HSE plans, activities and reporting to ensure their compliance to company, governmental and subcontractor rules.
- Responsible for management of all field reports and the proper filing of all daily safety documents, accident analysis, recordkeeping, and training certificates in compliance with regulatory and internal requirements.
- Enter and maintain current company data/statistics in ISNetworld, or other 3rd party and customer databases, as required by customer.
- Develop site specific health and safety plans as required by customers/projects.
- Ensure any CDL drivers meet DOT requirements for licensing, drug testing, etc. Track, audit, report on compliance with requirements.
- Respond to bid requests/inquiries from Project Managers and customers related to HSE data.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time, with occasional extended stays lasting up to two weeks.
- Support team as needed with Quality issues on site; primarily communication related
- 5-10 years’ experience in industrial and construction environmental, health and safety management; specifically, with electrical installations, confined space, mine shaft entry, and trenching/shoring.
- Experience with High Voltage (> 69kV) cable systems and installation
- Experience working in energized substations/manholes up to 345 kV desirable
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA 1926 Standards and EPA regulations.
- Experience working in a union environment desired
- Knowledgeable of EPA regulations for hazardous materials, spill prevention, waste management, waste water and storm water.
- Knowledge of Canadian Safety and Environmental regulations a plus.
- Current certifications in CPR, OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety highly desirable