Recommend and implement measures to insure compliance with all local, state, and federal occupational health and safety requirements. Evaluate, recommend and oversee implementation of control measures for physical and chemical hazards. Develop an ongoing safety process and program that supports Henderson’s goals and objectives. Conduct incident investigations and follow-up on findings to ensure mitigation of hazards.
Development, coordination and/or conduct required regulatory training to ensure compliance. Provide support of on-going, up-coming learning and training initiatives within the Henderson facility and develop effective training modules as required. Maintain training records in the LMS System in SAP to ensure ISO, OSHA, Nevada CAPP, DOT and EPA RMP requirements.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC DUTIES (Categorize by "Essential" and "Other"; list in order of importance; identify percent of time)
Function is: 90% Safety/Training, however will support other functions of the EH&S department as required.
1) Conduct field observations to insure compliance with company polices and safety regulations.
2) Ensure emergency response preparedness, equipment and assist with training and drills of the ERT.
3) Develop and manage an effective, regulatory compliant material Safety data sheet program (SDS).
4) Assist with over-sight of health and safety programs mandated by OSHA, DOT, and DIR.
5) Assist in safety compliance & other safety activities as required.
6) Determine and quantify employee exposure to flammables, toxics, corrosives, reactives, dust, fumes, heat, noise, radiation and recommend corrective measures.
7) Develop procedures, policies, and practices to comply with new and changing employee health and safety legislation.
8) Assist with NV CAPP program and compliance.
9) Manage employee safety recognition programs.
10) Conduct incident investigations using the Safe Track System and ensure follow-up, completion of all incidents documented in Safe Track.
11) Participate in the Union/Management Safety Committee and conduct audits to support the committee.
12) Assist with conducting industrial hygiene surveys as needed or required by regulation.
13) Participate in the local CAER Group.
14) Respond to the Plant during off-hours to support emergency conditions as needed.
15) Provide verification of comprehension and operator qualifications in plant positions per State of Nevada requirements
16) Coordinate, schedule, manage, and report course attendance utilizing LMS and/or additional systems. Maintain appropriate tracking and reporting processes and training calendar. Oversee the coordination of the data entry of information by the Administrative Assistants in all departments
17) Coordinate, reproduces (or manages reproduction of), organizes and updates all course documentation materials
18) May update and maintain existing training documentation and documentation management system using as required.
Assist in development of or develops training independently with delivery of selected courses, as required.
Work with Plant Management to develop systems to support efficient and effective training modules.
Coordinate, update and develop new hire orientation for salaried and bargaining new hires to include but not limited to policy reviews, safety and training requirements.
Working knowledge of state/federal regulations relating to employee health, safety, industrial hygiene and emergency response.
Accountability, Analytical, Focuses on Continuous Improvement, Communication/Interpersonal Skills, Delivers Results, Ethics and Integrity
Education and Experience
4 year degree in safety, industrial hygiene related field.
Minimum: 1-3 years industrial hygiene/safety/regulatory compliance experience
Preferred: 5 years industrial hygiene/safety/regulatory compliance experience
Computer skills in Excel, Windows, Microsoft Office Professional; various types of information for employee exposure monitoring; working knowledge of IH and audiometric testing equipment. Non-essential: Fax and other office equipment.
Knowledge/Compliance with all OSHA, NV CAPP and DIR standards.
Ability to handle skeptical audiences.
Demonstrate excellent written and verbal skills.
Ability to exercise independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommend changes in office practices and procedures.
Takes initiative and a self-starter.
Ability to manage multiple projects or tasks at one time.
Excellent command of the English language.
Seeks to positively influence and encourage others.
Possess high degree of integrity and ability to keep confidentialities.
Click Here To Apply