Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Health and Safety Manager – Blue Rapids, KS
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Blue Rapids, Kansas Gypsum facility and underground mine. The H&S Manager provides leadership and direction by collaborating with front-line leaders and business partners to develop H&S and PSM strategies aligning with Georgia-Pacific’s visions. H&S Managers are dedicated to developing and mentoring the production team relating to H&S. Value is created by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. The H&S Manager will report directly to the Plant Manager, with a dotted-line relationship to the Division H&S Manager.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Blue Rapids, KS produces gypsum plaster products. This position will also support an underground mine. It is a team-based environment whose members work collaboratively to produce high-quality industrial plaster products. To learn more about our Building Products division, visitwww.buildgp.com. To learn more about our gypsum products, visitwww.gpgypsum.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Providing leadership and direction in establishing and achieving a meaningful H&S vision and effective strategies through management commitment and employee ownership
- Providing assistance underground mine on plant location
- Supporting and developing Compliance System Owners - CSOs (operations & maintenance personnel that manage critical hazards)
- Ensuring leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety
- Facilitating H&S ownership and accountability by the line organization
- Assisting the site population in the building of the Process Safety Management system
- Sharing and seeking out knowledge
- Ensuring change is identified and proactively and effectively managed
- Driving continuous improvement by leveraging tools and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets and periodic reviews of performance, culture, and talent
- Communicating facility H&S vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Assisting in return-to-work strategy implementation
- Utilizing training and development plans to grow H&S knowledge and skills
- Developing and managing investments in risk mitigation projects from approval to implementation
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Two (2) or more years of H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment OR a current Georgia Pacific ELP
- Experience and understanding of OSHA requirements
- Willing and able to work nights and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental Policy or Chemistry
- MSHA experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.), CSP or CIH or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification/s
- Experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems
- Experience, understanding in methods of implementing Process Safety Management Elements
- Experience and understanding of national consensus standards (ANSI, NFPA, etc.)
Want to learn more aboutGeorgia-Pacific?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf