Responsible for the management of facility safety programs required to ensure conformance with corporate policies and compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Overall supervision of programs and activities required under the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Oversight for the facility-wide Housekeeping Program
- Medical monitoring program as it applies to OSHA's Lead Standard.
- Auditing of facility programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Supervision of facility inspections, maintenance of required records and timely submittal of required reports to regulatory agencies.
- Coordination of environmental improvement projects as required.
- Coordination with Corporate Environmental Resources Department on facility programs, activities and responses to regulatory agencies.
- Training and oversight of facility personnel performing environmental, health and safety duties.
- Maintain OSHA 300 Log.
- Drive safety improvement projects.
- Follow Excell Lean Manufacturing procedures.
- Comply with current Quality Systems requirements.
- Manage uniform services for plant
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager and EHS leadership.
- Able to perform continuous walking, standing, and lifting.
- PC with various software, office equipment, PPE equipment as required.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, in Safety, or related field, with 5-8 years’ experience in safety related fields.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret federal, state and local regulations and technical procedures.
- Ability to work effectively with other departments in the development of safety programs.
- Leadership ability.
This is a full time position, and working at the plant is required.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.