Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Requires either Health Science Technology Education Grades 8-12 or Health Science 6-12 and a current licensure, certification or registration by a nationally recognized accrediting agency as a health professional practitioner
Bachelor’s degree, associate’s degree, or high school diploma/GED and equivalent wage-earning experience as required by certification
Active Registered Nurse License
Knowledge of career and technical education subject assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Ability to oversee student field experiences in career area assigned
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
One year student teaching or approved internship
Two to five years of wage-earning experience in the area of certification
One year of nursing home experience
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences.
2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Student Growth and Development
6. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
7. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
8. Present a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
9. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
10. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
11. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
12. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
13. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
14. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
15. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
16. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
17. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
18. Comply with federal, state, and local regulations related to the occupational area assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Frequent walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
Environment: Work inside, may work inside and outside; regular exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours