POSITION IS LOCATED IN MILAN, NM
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivicis currently seeking Health Services Administrators who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Health Service Administrator manages the facility's medical program activities and provides overall direction and leadership based on corporate goals, objectives and philosophy and in compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations and standards.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Maintain a good working relationship with facility staff, nursing staff, and contract providers and outside provider agencies.
- Utilize established corporate, facility and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions, but use sound independent judgement in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
- Assist in the formulation of facility policy for the medical unit, interpret, enforce and adhere to policies, procedure or contract requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness of health-related services.
- Communicate effectively and coherently to administration, staff, inmates/residents, visitors and the general public, particularly in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, understanding, fairness, firmness and good judgment. This includes interviewing applicants, giving information, instructions and directions, mediating disputes, advising of rights and processes and providing reliable testimony, in court and other formal settings.
- Complete an annual written evaluation of all staff who are under direct supervision.
- Provide for adequate for adequate staffing at the facility, fill in as needed during periods of short staffing, may perform nursing duties including, but not limited to, executing physician's orders, assisting physician in examinations and treatment, dispensing and administering medications, treating emergencies and screening patients for referrals.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high
quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate
solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in
settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Degree in Nursing or in a Healthcare/Business related field is required.
- Advanced Degree in Nursing or related healthcare field is preferred.
- Three (3) years relevant management experience in a healthcare environment required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of correctional custody methods and techniques, pertinent facility rules, regulations and standards, principles and practices of supervision and training, and principles and practices of management.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug Free Workplace & EOE–M/F/Vets/Disabled.