Health Unit Coordinator – Gastroenterology /Renal – Dallas, TX
At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB:
As part of the multidisciplinary team, this position is responsible for communicating with families, physicians, and perioperative team members throughout the surgery experience. A successful team member in this position is a team player, flexible with changes, clear communicator, understands the roles of their peers, and is able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
SHIFT: 7:00AM-7:30PM (3 days a week) with rotating weekends
SOME HIGHLIGHTED RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greeting customers (patients, families, physicians, etc.)
- Exceptional phone etiquette when answering phones and call-lights.
- Ensuring families are comfortable and informed of what to expect throughout their stay.
- Ensuring proper paperwork (such as consents) is readily available for physicians and care team in patient charts.
- Navigating EPIC EMR to scan in documents, input orders, and transfer patients.
- Escorting families to/from waiting areas and consult rooms.
- Keeping inventory and ordering supplies when needed.
- Flexible scheduling requires availability Mon-Fri. 4 days/week. Final schedule will be posted one week before work week.
- Assisting with safe transportation of patients to private vehicles after general anesthesia.
- Knowledge of hospital setting and medical terminology
- High school diploma or equivalent
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Expiration Date: Wednesday, July 1, 2020